Unhappy google search engine listing

currently a site of mine is on pg2 for search term..but edited the pg and resubmitted index to google but the description is still the same and i changed it all...even though ive indexed new pg it still shows old one...why? people please help me!!!

Hi Damosi,
    You need to have patience here. Google takes times in indexing the site. But don't submit your site again and again to Google. If you submit your site more than once in a month, it will get banned by Google.

With a lot of the smaller/lower PR sites it takes awhile for google to crawl over your site. Once you start getting a higher rank it will update the webpage more frequently fixing like what you want.
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

damn..i just indexed again yesterday..thats twice in the last two weeks
    ..but im a patient kinda guy..so i just hope they dont ban me
    thanks guys

get a few more links to your web site from directories.

a good starting point is www.isedb.com

if you don't have alot of links to your site or change your content that often, your site isn't likely going to be updated daily like others.

Originally posted by damosi
    damn..i just indexed again yesterday..thats twice in the last two weeks
    ..but im a patient kinda guy..so i just hope they dont ban me
    thanks guys
    I assume that by "just indexed again" you mean that you submitted the site again (since only Google gets to "index" the site). In that case, two things you should know: Google doesn't care how often you submit a site; you won't get banned for that. But on the other hand, submitting a site repeatedly isn't going to have much of an effect.

The crawling queue is built primarily from Google's following links from other sites. If you submit a url, it'll be placed somewhere in that list of pages to crawl. Maybe they'll get to it, maybe they won't -- because priority will be given based on link analysis. So the best way to get a site indexed regularly is to get some links from other sites that are indexed and crawled regularly.

You can check your logs to see if Google has crawled the site recently... if they have, the new pages should show up within a day or so. If they haven't, I'd work on getting more links. Also, if the site hasn't changed in a long time, it generally won't be crawled as frequently as another site with similar link strength that is regularly modified. Google likes "fresh" content, so a well-llinked page that is regularly modified is usually crawled frequently.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.