Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by acgogeta
    Yeah i think i will give them a ring, the just say the same thing tho. "Turn off your internet box for 10mins or more, turn it back on again and it should be fine". I tried that already still the same speeds.

Thanks for the reply.

ACGOGETA
    Are you sure its NTL and just not the servers your downloading off etc?

my ntl speeds are fine, and if they do go slow, i just reset my modem and all is fine again.

Very strange that you should find problems.

I'm downloading off a 200mbit server, my speeds are like 150kbps max. This isn't right on a 3mb connection, this may be a stupid question but you unplug your mdem to reset it right?

Thanks for the reply.

ACGOGETA

3mb connection and only getting 150kb/sec down
    I would have to agree with what somone has said already, its proberly the location ur downloading from ok u could have a 200 wot ever server, but where is this server based? US? well if ur in the uk and server is in US its bound to be slower due to the distance.

been with NTL 3mb since it came out. was previously on 1mb but got upgraded for free so I wasnt complaining. been on it for ages now in that time ive only had down time once but that was my fault ( unpluged modem), never have download speeds lower then 180+

if its anything like their last cap they wont do anything about it
    I remember that, it made everyone panic and in the end nothing was done about it hehe.

it all depends on the market at the end of the day. if they are having 1000+ customers using at least 60gb each a month thats a heck alot of bandwidth so their bound to do summit. what I dont know yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12