Angry The Trouble With Fasthosts.co.uk is

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!
    Where are they when I need some assistance? Sending out threatening and inappropriate emails to their customers is where they're at!
    They send out rather snazzy feedback forms and arrogantly ask "How are We Doing?" It defies belief.
    I sent them a very long and explicit email asking them for help and a way out of a sticky situation in which they took one lot of money (with no prior warning - invoice or courtesy Email) then went back and tried to take a second amount - however, there was no more money in the account so thet suspended my account and took my site off the Web. This was despite NUMEROUS emails asking if I can pay using another method. All that would happen is that they would send an auto generated email containing a link for inputting another Credit Card as it was assumed by them that my card was invalid. It isn't, there was just no money in the account at that time, besides,
    I do not have another card!
    ALL I WANTED FROM THEM WAS A HUMAN BEING TO TALK TO SUGGEST AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF PAYMENT FOR THIS PAYMENT ONLY - WHY OH WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO DO? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY BRIGHT IDEAS? I have demanded a refund and will move my site to a different Hosting provider.
    I look forward to reading any advice.
    Regards Kazzi

Fasthosts have been pure rubbish for years. If you look at the Usenet group alt.internet.providers.uk using Google groups you can see they were frustrating their customers in the late 1990's! I used to have a reseller account with them years ago and they were truly dreadful at answering support queries then. I am amazed people still go to them but then again the hosting business is an amazing market to try to be a customer in!
    Advice? Run like the wind Forest!

Post MORE Trouble at t' Fasthost Mill

Dear Slowdive
    Thank you for your advice! I just saw your profile and live not very far from you - my In-Laws even closer in Clevedon. A small world for sure!
    Since my first posting, things have gone from bad to worse! They are now refusing to refund NEXT year's subscription - so I am paying for precisely Sweet F.A. - then to add insult to blooming injury the buggers are saying that they will not release my Domain Name. It belongs to them and they will not sell it or release it to me - so they say!
    I must, at this point, sing the praises of NOMINET who are being fabulous (and intimated that I am in good yet rapidly expanding company (off the record of course!)) and are transferring it all for me, with the cooperation of my new hosts.
    Well - there's the update and as for taking your "Run like the wind Forrest" advice; "I'm a-runnin' Papa, I'm a-runnin'!
    ATB
    Kazzi

what so there basicalaly holding your domain to ransome?? are they allowed to even do this?
    Danny

Yes they appear to be! But no they can not Danny!!!

THE ON-GOING SAGA

MORE on the FASTHOSTS SAGA today's email from them!!

Having CLOSED my account over a week ago - and requested a refund of the 28.80 (which they receipted), today is the the first communication I have received from them since. Surely, simple business sense and simple ettiquette would seem to suggest that a personally drafted email attempting to find out why a customer is leaving. I now have in Inbox FULL of other disgruntled Fasthosts' customers who are or have left them. I would be extremely worried if my business was haemorrhaging clients or simply losing just one!

So here goes - this is a verbatim quote sent by [email protected]

You are in debt to Fasthosts Internet Limited for the amount of 19.99. You are also in breach of your contract with the company.

All websites on your account have now been suspended. We will shortly remove your service entirely from our systems. Please note that this cannot be reversed and all files and e-mails stored on our servers will be lost. Additionally, we may refer your account to a debt collection agency for recovery of the monies owed.

It is imperative that you log into your Fasthosts control panel, immediately, to provide valid debit/credit card details, in order to settle your debt.

I just don't know how to get through to them!
    from
    Exasperated of Bridport!!!!!!!