Question What is a reseller account?

Hello there!
    Im sorry if this is a very stupid question, but how does a reseller account works? what is it? Can I start a hosting business with that?

The thing is: I already know my target audience, I already know that they want very simple pages with domain and hosting accounts... I will use this hosting service as an "extra service" for my actual clients (I own a brick and mortar business).

Can you recommend me something?
    Any advice?

(Ive already read the tutorials in this very forum...)

Thanks in advance guys!!

(and sorry about my poor english!)

Rosamunda
    from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hello Rosamunda
    A reseller account is a web hosting account which allows you to sell hosting, What exactly are your plans?
    Being out in Argentina may be a problem? What is your target market?

Re: What is a reseller account?

Originally posted by Rosamunda
    Hello there!
    Im sorry if this is a very stupid question, but how does a reseller account works? what is it? Can I start a hosting business with that?
    Rosamunda,

A reseller acccount is a tool that allows you to create hosting accounts for your customers. So you have the ability to setup, host and administer multiple accounts under your one resellers account.

You can start a business with it but you should follow any legal business startup laws that are local to you.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Thanks guys for your help!!

The legal issue isnt a problem, as Im a lawyer myself, but the tech issue it is.
    As a "reseller", need I hire "tech emplyees" to run it?
    We are a legal firm, and we want to give to some special customers the possibility to get their personal webpage, with a simple design, the hosting service and their own domain name at a very low cost.
    Should I get a resseller account? Is there any other "better" method to do it? Any ideas?

Thanks guys! And special thanks for your patience with my english!! ;-)

Rosamunda

Hello there
    A reseller would be a good choice to start with, you can grow with it. Im guessing you have not got alot of experience in the web hosting and design field? If not you will need to employ somebody to do it, That way it may work out quite costly. Are you looking for a Argentinian provider?
    Gracias
    Last edited by The Napster; 07-18-2005 at 05:05 PM.

Thanx Napster! (cool name, hehe)
    Yes, Im not an experienced girl in this field... Im just an amateur webmaster...
    Ive already know a couple of hostings here... but... I definately do accept good recommendations ;-)
    Can you name some good providers?
    Thanks again!
    Rosamunda

Well there is a million of a providor out there. Are you looking for a US providor? Do you have a budget or anything?

Get a reseller package with Web Host Manager. This is the easiest way to start. It is probably a bit overkill for what you are doing but if you run a law firm you should be able to afford the expense.