Domain Transfer Time

Pls advice on the time duration to transfer a domain name from Networksolutions to asianetindia.com which is a reseller of Directi.

Also in case if any , verification is made by Networksolutions to the technical contact of the domain name and is confirmed in less than 1 hr ,what will be the time period to get it transferred.

Thanks
    smcsindia

Generally, the request will be processed within the next 5 days.

Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfer will take place within five (5) calendar days unless the current registrar of record denies the request.

What are the reasons for denial of transfer by current registrar (Networksolutions). The Domain name expires on 26th July 2005. Pls advice.

Thanks

If you are registered name holder or administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database, you will receive an e-mail requesting the transfer.

If you WISH TO PROCEED with the transfer, you must respond by clicking on the approve transfer link.

If you DO NOT WANT the transfer to proceed, then click on the cancel transfer link. It results the reason for denial of transfer.

Domain transfers can be cancelled by the losing registrar for a vareity of reasons.

First, check to make sure you don't voluntarily have a lock on your domain in your domain management panel. If you do, you should be able to login and remove it, or get someone at Network Solutions to assist you in the removal of it.

Next, check to see if the admin contact email address of your domain is not current, then the email the gaining registrar sent for confirmation did not reach you, in which case they never had the opportunity to send an email for confirmation to Network Solutions.

If the domain requires an auth code, the transfer may have been cancelled due to an incorrectly entered auth code during the confirmation of the transfer request.

If none of the above three is a factor, then the losing registrar is the one that rejected the request. They can do so only for a limited number of reason, the most common one being that the domain has not yet been registered for the mandatory 60 days.

The losing registrar also cannot approve a transfer request for a domain that is somehow involved in a legal dispute, manly bankruptcy litigation or a trademark dispute, and especially in those instances when the ownership of the domain is being disputed.

If the payment of your domain is not current, meaning the domain is expired, they CAN cancel your request, but are not required to.

Finally, sometimes losing registrars just miss the mark and are neglectful in their actions to approve a transfer request. I've only seen this happen on rare occasions, but in those instances you usually just need to reinitiate the transfer request with the gaining registrar for it to be completed the second time around.

Hi Broke,
    Thanks a lot for your valuable response.

The problem we encountered is that I (Technical Contact) don`t have the username of the owner which has been sent to the owner (primary registrant)during registration (4 years back ) and could not be retrieved since the owner email is not currently in use.

What Network solution says is that the domain is locked and only the primary contact(owner) can unlock which is not possible here.
    Is it possible to change the contact details of the owner if the owner sends a mail from a different ID?Is it essential that owner has to use the user name given by the registrar to modify ?
    Pls advice.
    Thanks
    SMCSINDIA

I think the policy varies by registrar, smcsindia. I guess you'll need to find out from Network Solutions what you need to do in your situation. I know we have to get our customers to send a fax to Tucows/OpenSRS with the Admin's government issued photo ID and a form.

I made a transfer to my own Directi Reseller last week.

Orderd the move at 12 july 10 AM.
    And the transfer was done 13 july 23 (11 PM)
    In this case I think there was no problems anywhere and the loosing reister (joker.com) responded very good.

Hans

Originally posted by smcsindia
    Hi Broke,
    Thanks a lot for your valuable response.

The problem we encountered is that I (Technical Contact) don`t have the username of the owner which has been sent to the owner (primary registrant)during registration (4 years back ) and could not be retrieved since the owner email is not currently in use.

What Network solution says is that the domain is locked and only the primary contact(owner) can unlock which is not possible here.
    Is it possible to change the contact details of the owner if the owner sends a mail from a different ID?Is it essential that owner has to use the user name given by the registrar to modify ?
    Pls advice.
    Thanks
    SMCSINDIA
    Netsol created a new contact within their domain systems, calling
    it the "primary contact". Depending on how it's setup, the primary
    contact isn't necessarily shown in the WHOIS database, yet has
    full access and control of the domain.

Contact netsol again and get advice on that one. If your client is
    the primary contact, have your client call them.