Can you find out who servers a hosting company uses?

My website has been down for 3 days and the guy who runs the hosting service is on vacation and not replying to emails so I'm stuck in a bad situation. Is there anyway of finding out who they rent or whatever their servers from so I can submit a support ticket or similar on his behalf?

Thanks

You will normally be able to find out who hosts them by running a whois on the IP address, but no decent datacenter will deal with you in this situation.

You are your host's customer, you can't just submit a ticket on their behalf.

I understand that they are unable to give out customer information but I thought if I at least alerted them to the problem they might be inclined to look into it and it might speed up the process as opposed to them not knowing about it at all. I ran a whois on the IP address and it says the nameservers are from theplanet.com.

Thanks for your help so far but do you know if they are having any current issues? I've searched the forum but I haven't come up with anything relevant. Thanks again.

Originally posted by della
    I understand that they are unable to give out customer information but I thought if I at least alerted them to the problem they might be inclined to look into it and it might speed up the process as opposed to them not knowing about it at all. I ran a whois on the IP address and it says the nameservers are from theplanet.com.

Thanks for your help so far but do you know if they are having any current issues? I've searched the forum but I haven't come up with anything relevant. Thanks again.
    You mentioned this was 3 days, they won't have had anything lasting anywhere near that long that would keep your site down, this will be an issue with the individual server.

You can try contacting them, however from personal dealings with TP/SM, they will not touch the server if you are not their direct customer.

Okay, thanks a lot for your help this morning

You can use www.dnsstuff.com to find all the information you need.