ASP Scripts not running but HTML is fine???

I have a site on 1&1 web hosts and quite regularly the site appears to be down. If I type in the full URL of a non-dynamic page however i.e. html or txt the page comes up very quickly.

Can anyone give me an idea as to the reason this might be happening? The site is quite intensive but I haven't had any other problems apart from this. What could be happening to stop only dynamic page from working whilst allowing other page to work perfectly ok?

Thanks in advance

Chris

I think the best place to ask why is to contact 1n1's technical support directly. All we can give you are hypothesis of what is wrong.
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

I am in the process of sorting it out with them but I just wanted some feedback on possibilities because at the moment they say that the ASP script must be to intensive. Fair enough I thought but then I tested running an ASP page with nothing in it (i.e. a script named test.asp but nothing in it) and it won't work. This suggests to me that there is something wrong with IIS on that particular server. Perhaps the ASP engine has become corrupt or something.

Has anyone ever seem anything similar?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Normally restart the Web Services should get the ASP back in order. If you are running Windows 2003, try to setup a separate application pool, this should help.

They finally admitted that ASP had stopped working on that particular server and they have now solved the problem. I can only assume they took your advice boonChuan ;-)

Hey,

did u check whether the .asp extensions are enabled in the website...

the following steps will help you in that ..

1. click on start menu >>>> run...
    2. Enter 'inetmgr' (another method to access the IIS managemenet console)
    3. Right click on your website in the website section
    4. select the properties >>>> home directory >>> configuration >>>>
    6. U ll see all the enabled extensions are listed in the window you obtained...

see wether asp is listed...has to work

Did they work before fine? You should check if the scripting features on IIS are configured properly including the security checks. Since you say HTML and txt show up, a problem would be with the ASP scripting configuration on the machine.
    Cheap DotNet Hosting
    Windows hosting with ASP.NET and SQLServer support.
    24x7 Support Center! Prices are cheap, join today!

Thanks for all the help. The problem is resolved now. Unfortunately it is shared hosting so I can't manually check the status if IIS myself but 1&1 did admit there was a problem with ASP temporarily on that server.

Thanks again,

Chris

Originally posted by chrigil
    Thanks for all the help. The problem is resolved now. Unfortunately it is shared hosting so I can't manually check the status if IIS myself but 1&1 did admit there was a problem with ASP temporarily on that server.

Thanks again,

Chris
    Glad to here that the problem is resolved! If you need anymore assistance, you can always contact me!
    Cheap DotNet Hosting
    Windows hosting with ASP.NET and SQLServer support.
    24x7 Support Center! Prices are cheap, join today!