2 Dedicated server direct connection

Hi,

Can anybody please let me know if this is possible. What i have to do from my end to make it happen
    or
    is there any other way to do this thing.

we want dedicated a webserver, and a database server. but we want them to be directly connected to each other. at the moment each of them has one network card for the connection to the internet. we want each one to have a second network card so they can be connected with a crossover cable.

Most DC's can accomidate that if you email them. Expect a small charge to cover the hardware but it should be pretty easy

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Ask your host to connect your servers to a private switch. It will be easy, usually with extra charge but very minimal.

Regards,
    Charles
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.

Infact you don't even need a private switch if the DB server is for internal use only, you can simply cross connect and use local 192.168.x.x addresses, saves a bit of rack space.

Any DC will probably do this for you , I'd suggest contacting a smaller company however as the big ones are often very strict about what they will and will not do.
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

most datacenters offer you 100mb between servers. if a server dont have 2nd nic card, you can run private network on the same card with the 100mb speed.