some advice please!!

i do an unofficial site for a racing driver as there official site was a bit rubbish,
    i have now been told that i can move from the unofficial site to take over the official site

i am not the brightest spark when it comes to websites this is my first attempt at doing a site!!

the manager has rung me today to ask what i need in order to move the site!! as the drivers sister used to do it!!
    and to be honest i do not have a clue i am assuming i will need the server address, log in name and password,

can one of you intelligent people help me......please

You just need whatever details you need to upload content to your own site. Probably just FTP login details.
    Mark Stevens
    GHXhosting.com Ltd - Shared & Reseller Hosting
    (UK/US) Dedicated Servers & VPS
    Server-Help.co.uk Experienced Linux server admin for hire

David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

thankyou

Are you moving the site to a new host or are you just going to rework the website and host with the same web host?

If the driver has an existing domain that you need to rehost with another web host then you will need to change nameserver info for that domain.

That really wouldn't make sense though - sounds like the big issue is that the driver's sister is not a very good webmaster but there is an existing site to improve. If the existing site merely needs improvement then I guess I don't understand why the site needs to "move".
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

what i have to do is move all my pages from the unofficial site to the official site!!

i really am a glutten for punishment

Oh OK, I get it now.

Don't you already use an FTP program? How did you design your site and upload it to the site for your unofficial page?

Seems like David's advice is the only thing you need. Just get the FTP login information for the current site, delete what is in the directory where web pages go and then upload your site and it should be good to go.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

yes i have an FTP programme !!! ohh that sounds simple enough even me as a novice can manage that ha ha thankyou thankyou thankyou

another method would be to ask your support guys to do the file copy for you..provided both the sites are on the same server....they will be do it in ease

i done it thankyou all for your advice

oh and it can be seen here http://www.ricardozonta.com.br

once again thankyou for your friendly advice much apprieciated

Quote Originally Posted by zztt
    oh and it can be seen here

Check your code that links to the forum, you are missing http:// in the code and it results in a broken link.

Quote Originally Posted by FLH-Wullie
    Check your code that links to the forum, you are missing http:// in the code and it results in a broken link.

thanks for that they are sorted now

zztt,

Not half bad! Looks very good.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    zztt,

Not half bad! Looks very good.

thankyou i tried hard for a first web site