How to host web site without domain in WHM/Cpanel?

How do I host a web site without a domain in WHM/Cpanel? Is there a specific method OR it cannot be done?

If there is any domain at all you can use subdomain.domain.com when you type the domain upon account creation. Or, you can just fluff the domain upon creation and use this URL to access the site:

http://1.2.3.4/~user/

The backlash is needed because, without it, it would try to access the unresolving, fluffed domain.

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

So how do I 'fluff' the domain? Maybe I don't understand what 'fluff' means!

In this particular case, there is no domain existing. So how do I go about creating an FTP account in WHM for the user to upload his web site for testing purposes. Do I just key in a username (like I would normally do) in WHM and the IP address in the domain name section where normally I would key in the domain name?

Note: By IP address above, I am referring to the dynamic IP address of the server on which I am hosted.

Create an account with a fake domain . remember the username.
    and once account is created, your username is your ftp login username.

And it is also http://ip/~username/
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

Thanks so much jayzee! I did not realize it was that simple i.e. simply using a fake domain. Now I wonder how come this didn't strike me earlier!