First of all, I am sorry if I posted this in a wrong section, I am not all to familiar with this forum's setup.
Second I am glad to say that I found a new server.
But here is my problem. My account is set up, and all I need is to add my database which I have on my computer.
But the guy from the server just emailed me to read the tutorial on the cPanel site which is this:
First, create the database.. /path/to/bin/mysqladmin -u $mysqlusername -p$mysqlpassword create $mysqldatabasename Then, add user permission to it... /path/to/bin/mysqladmin -u usernamehere -ppasshere create databasename Finally, add the tables back.... /path/to/bin/mysql -u $mysqlusername -p$mysqlpassword $mysqldatabasename < backup.sql OR: mysql -u user -p -e 'source backup_file' database
Now to me this is chinese, i have no clue what all that means.
Can someone please help me, how i can add my database to the cPanel? PLEASE!
With step by step instructions.
PS: the database name and user name is already added.
Also my back up file is called qaftalk_qaftalk but my server set up the database name as szilvia_szilvia , will i have to rename the one or the other, or does that matter at all?
1) To access the MySQL Account Maintenance Menu, click on the Mysql icon above the words MySQL Databases on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
2) Enter the name of the new database in the blank field next to Db:.
3) Click on Add Db to create the database
To create a MySQL user :
1) Enter the name of the new user in the blank field next to UserName:
2) Enter the password for the new user in the blank field next to Password:
3) Click on Add User to create the new user.
To add user permission to DataBase :
1) Select the user (the user will apper as mainuser_user) you wish to grant permissions for from the drop box next to User:
2) Select the database (the database will appear as mainuser_database) you wish to give that user access to from the drop box next to Db:
3) Select any privileges (abilities to modify the database) you wish the user to have by checking the box next to the privilege's name.
4) Click on Add User to Db to give the user permission to access the database