Thread: Google

Unhappy Google

hi all,I have a fun website,It is in Turkish,google added my website into its directory...But I have a problem.Although google did that,I get low visitors from it,how can I get more visitors from google?I did settings,encompassing meta tag

You should read some more on SEO.
    http://www.google-page-rank.net/seo_checklist.php

Mmmm I havent found google has helped my site at all, if any. I get an average of 3000 unique a day, but still, they are from my affiliates, not from google =x

That link I gave you will probably tell you why or your theme is not broad enough. For example if you sight is about pink elephant noses painted green - I don't think anybody is going to search for that. If your site is something like funny stuff, people will.

thanks,I will review

You can always try PPC advertising too.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

However PPC advertising is the quickest and effective ways of promoting your business.

By PPC you can get more traffic you’ve to pay more money in direct proportion to that traffic, it increases overall costs, while in SEO you can invest a fixed amount to achieve a better rank, and your cost per click goes down as you increase the traffic.

I should suggest you should concentrate on conversions not the clicks if you're going with PPC advertisement.

yeah but the bad side - PPC might be a little expensive, best is to just get affiliates i guess.

Originally posted by skandalouz
    yeah but the bad side - PPC might be a little expensive, best is to just get affiliates i guess.
    Getting affiliates presumes that people are visiting the sites, see an affiliate program and decide to promote it. The first presumption is that they are visiting the site which is precisely what he is not getting - Visitors.

PPC advertising is only "expensive" if you are losing money doing it. Of course you have to measure effectiveness but if you spend $1000 on Google Adwords and it brings in $5000 in revenue is making $4000 expensive? The whole point of advertising is that it is supposed to make a return on investment. If an advertising method makes no money or loses money then use the methods that make money.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

DevilDog,

Right, I agree with that, Over time, the return usually needs to exceed the expenditure for the investment, it has to be considered profitable.

Investment vs expense = prevention vs correction, this will be ongoing process.
    Last edited by etechsupport2; 07-19-2005 at 03:40 AM.