Posts with... the following

Is there anything being done..

to stop posts like these? It's cute once in awhile but a few members are beginning to copy it more often.

Just an additional note: There is only a rule against colors in Signatures, so anyone can technically make their posts 'any' color.

And multiple colors, I think there should be rules against that before it gets popular as well.

And multiple colors, I think there should be rules against that before it gets popular as well.
    Youd have to be pretty board to do that in every post, Unless its a advertising thread where the rules say you can only use 2 colours.

As for the others i cant agree more.
    All the best

I frequent these forums almost every hour and I see posts like those very rarely.
    I think it is being picky myself..
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

effusionx1

I could start though.
    I guess I will to prove a point!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
    I just think it should be added to the rules before it does get out of hand -- although we could just wait for that day to come instead.

Originally posted by David
    effusionx1

I could start though.
    What point are you trying to prove?

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Sirius,

That there are a million copycats on this forum and every thread will look like a package of skittles after a few people start posting in color more often.

Yes, we definately need to stop this before it gets out of hand

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

David, so far this hasn't been a major problem. If it becomes, the creation of a new rule will be discussed. The rules are numerous enough as it is, and there's no real need to add this new one at this point in time IMO.

I could start though.
    I don't recommend it.

Originally posted by ldcdc

I don't recommend it.
    I wouldn't chance it! I enjoy the community too much.
    I know I've gone from one post after another today of the above though (theres no need to add 100 linebreaks in a message, ever)..

nonetheless I guess I'll just patiently await the day when it's no longer allowed.

Take care Dan!

I don't know where you are seeing all these, you must hang out in different places to me If the line breaks are excessively long, report them and we can shorten them. As for colours, I don't see a problem with that at present.

I dont see any big deal either,geez.......

Ah well

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by The Dude
    I dont see any big deal either,geez.......
    I think we need a rule to address the flagrant use of too many periods. Look at the post referenced above. I mean, come on. I am starting to see a trend of folks using too many periods in their posts, all jumbled together, something like this:

*** NOT AN ACTUAL POST - FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY - NOT AN ACTUAL POST ***

Like, OMG.......... why is <insert host here> not responding............................................................................................................ to my request ..................................... it's been like................... 10 minutes since I opened those................... 64 tickets................. reporting that I couldnt spell SSH................... WTF!
    As you can clearly see, The Dude is starting a very dangerous trend. This could disfigure WHT for life! I urge the moderators... ACT NOW... before it's too late...................

Sirius
    Last edited by sirius; 07-18-2005 at 08:41 AM.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.