Adobe Photoshop CS 2.0

hi,

for designing graphics
    does anyone use anything except for Adobe Photoshop because ive been using Photoshop since i started but i think i should use some other programs

so does any1 have anything in mind

Ummm. There is a few, there is Adobe Image Ready, Paint shop Pro 8, Flash MX, Studio Max. Those are the only ones I can think of right now without looking around. Hope that helped ^_^

i myself havn't touched any graphic softwares than photoshop for my grahics, but i've heard fireworks is easier for web graphics. For your vector designing, try adobe illustrator.

- Theo
    www.Theodea.com - Defiant to Boundaries
    aim: aimtheodea icq: 280307610 | msn / email: info[at]theodea.com

Oh yeah, i forgot about those. What Theoden said there, they are also some good programs.

If you already have Photoshop chances are you already have image ready installed on your harddrive.

Dreamweaver is a good one for site building although it has nothing to do with making graphics.

If you are interested in animation and web motion then Try Flash or Swift 3d.

I use Fireworks MX 2004. I find it much easier than photoshop, which has WAY too many useless features.

Originally posted by yegorpb
    I use Fireworks MX 2004. I find it much easier than photoshop, which has WAY too many useless features.

I have to agree with you, but Photoshop is geared towards multiple demographics....

I am curious about what features you think are useless?

I use Photoshop CS1 to make all of my graphics. It's an excellent program. I've been told by many people that Photoshop CS2 is not worth it.

I also use Paintshop Pro for the picture tubes only.

Amen on using Fireworks. As for Photoshop and useless features, for me it's not that they are useless, it's that Fireworks simply does them better when it comes to Web graphics, and Web graphics only. Fireworks will never supplant Photoshop because of it's lack of CMYK/Pantone support (don't look for it anytime soon either, with the recent merger).

If Fireworks could work in bitmap platforms suited to print design, I would uninstall Photoshop tomorrow.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

i use PS-CS2 and Flash MX 2004
    Eleven2 Web Hosting is helping the Red Cross
    Eleven2 Hosting - www.eleven2.com
    Help The Red Cross - www.redcross.org

Originally posted by the_pm
    Amen on using Fireworks. As for Photoshop and useless features, for me it's not that they are useless, it's that Fireworks simply does them better when it comes to Web graphics, and Web graphics only. Fireworks will never supplant Photoshop because of it's lack of CMYK/Pantone support (don't look for it anytime soon either, with the recent merger).

If Fireworks could work in bitmap platforms suited to print design, I would uninstall Photoshop tomorrow.
    I was kind of wondering that what he is saying is "useless" meaning it isn't used for web, but more for print work.

uhmm well for more complicated stuff such as layouts, you may need to model stuff like a server box. you can use Cinema 4D for that. other programs i have installed are Bryce (imageready ofcourse) and Illustrator.