Backup Script needed

Hi,

can anyone recommend an easy to handle backups script, to backup a whole account ? it should just backup all and save it as gzip, tar or what ever....so that all the chmods are correct again after restoring the backup files.

Do you know a script ?

PS: Yes I know hotscripts, and yes I know shell

Are you working with a control panel? Most all of them come with a backup function.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Hi,yes I work with cpanel, but cpanel makes a lot of mistakes...I noticed for example, that it transforms html files in folders. I onīt know why, and how, but itīs doing it sometimes.

That's extremely odd. I haven't used CPanel in quite a while, but I'd send in a ticket on that one.

I have never used a backup script other than the ones built into DirectAdmin so I will be of little help here =/
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

We use cPanel's backup on cPanel boxes and it works absolutely fine, I'd get one of the cPanel guys to check that out ...

If you haven't got a panel however, I'd reccomend Veritas BackupExec - We started using it about a year ago and have so far been very impressed at the serious ease of management, esepcially with multiple servers ...

Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Look at FlexBackup. Simple and free but very effective.