Angry I am going crazy, because of my bank...

Ok here is my problem here. I had a card (visa debit card) which Paypal would not take for what ever reason. I tried calling them and emailing them way then more enough times within 3 week span time. So I went to my bank and told them and they said they would call. Well I am really thinking they most likely did not call since everything she said she would do she did not so far that I found out.

She was suppose to cancel my debit card and get a new one.
    She was suppose to re order a new card.
    She promised she would have it all taken care of.

She did not cancel my debit card which I found out on the 11th
    She did not re order a new card.
    She did not take care of anything.

Then after I believe 15 or so days I called the bank to see what is up with the new card and another person told me a new card did not get ordered, and the card did not get canceled. She said she would take care of it as well.

So yesterday I go to the bank to get some money out of it (I only keep a little amount since it is for Internet use). To find out the card did not get canceled as well. That I owed $40.00 because the bank took money out of it that I did not have (my other account has most of the money).

So both people said they would cancel my card and they did not. Since they made the mistake I had to pay $40.00 in back fees because of them.

I have been waiting a total I believe now 4 weeks since the thing started maybe it has been longer. I owe money to a host as well a person for a design which I can not do since they bank has been screwing me up since then.

They can not give me a straight answer, and I am really getting pissed here. I have not been able to get paid by credit card because I do not have a debit card (had 3 customers who wanted to pay by CC). As well my host being very kind is waiting to get paid as well. Which is 16 days late because of the bank.

As well I am way behind on many other things (projects) and websites which should of been done 3 weeks ago though I can not since no card. I think it is time to move to a new bank.

Anyone else have major problems with a bank before? What should I say to the manager besides how pissed I am?

Threaten to take your banking needs to another bank. Seeing as how my bank would not seem to ever even think about putting me through that, a new bank mgiht be in the picture.
    josh

yeah tell them the service sucks and cost you money and tell them you want to move, my bank started dorking me over and i decided to cancel, they decided they liked my money and made all my problems go away.

What bank are you with? Something local or national?
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by Trifolic
    What bank are you with? Something local or national?
    I believe they are national or at least the western part of America.

Called First Interstate Bank

Originally posted by Torith
    I believe they are national or at least the western part of America.

Called First Interstate Bank
    Find something local like "Bank of (yourtown)" you will be extrememly pleased with the customer service from a local bank compared to a national one..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Washington Mutual.... simply the best....

Also you should always get a "confirmation number"..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I had one experience with a closed business account that was automatically re-opened by the system and later was asked to pay for all overdrawn fees (with BankOne, before Chase bought them). This might not be your case, but be aware that even though you demanded to close an account, the account could be re-opened if your previously setup billpay or somebody is trying to withdraw money from the closed account. So, it is always wise to tell the rep that no matter what happens, decline all transactions and never ever re-open the account.

So when I received an overdue on the closed business account, I went to my local branch and talked to an on-site manager about what actually happened. She simply reversed the charges, and edsome funds out of somewhere, then put back all the charges and told me that I was good to go.

I would suggest find the right person to talk to and always explain your situation politely and never ever yell at them. Things normally turn out better when you show them some respects and patience. If things still don't get corrected, find another bank to switch.

As somebody pointed, always get a confirmation number and keep them in a notebook or something. If the company give confirmation number, then ask for the person's last name and maybe an employee number, something that can be referenced later.

I would agree at this point you would have to mail in a money order until you get a new card. You should switch bank. I know I would if that is how I was being treated.

I completely understand and feel your frustration, Torith. Banks can be seemingly impossible to deal with, and sometimes you just want to bang your head with frustration.

The bank charged me $200 in overdraft fees after I made a mistake on PayPal, withdrawing from the wrong source. Finally, my dad got them to cancel the charges and just close the account. That was the second account I had with them, and the third with them and F&M, whom they bought out before. I have to open up an account soon, but this time, I'd like to open up a checking account. My parents don't want to open one up for me, though, because they don't want me writing checks. I don't even want to; I just want to use a debit card, as it is so much easier and more convenient than cash. Plus, it's all electronic, so you can track your transactions and bank online with it! For most things, it's ridiculously easier than cash.

Anyhow, good luck in sorting this mess out. You will sort it out, but it may take more time than you would have originally wanted; actually, it appears it already has.

Re: I am going crazy, because of my bank...

Originally posted by Torith
    Ok here is my problem here. I had a card (visa debit card) which Paypal would not take for what ever reason. I tried calling them and emailing them way then more enough times within 3 week span time. So I went to my bank and told them and they said they would call. Well I am really thinking they most likely did not call since everything she said she would do she did not so far that I found out.
    Is the debit card also attached to the same bank account that your Paypal account is attached to?

If so, there's your problem. You can get as many new cards as the bank will ship out to you, but as long as the debit card is pointed to the same account, as what the Paypal account is setup with, it will not allow you to add it as a CC. Afterall, that would defeat the purpose of a 2nd place to get funds from.

Go get a new bank, dont mess with them, screw them, you need to pay bills... i wouldnt have paid the $40...

Just tell them you are not pleased with their service, and you are going to new bank, and yes local banks are much easier to work with, they seem to be nicer

Similiar thing has happened with me. I've got a credit card and a bank account attached to my paypal. (CC is primary, Bank account is secondary). I sent a payment thinking it'd go onto the CC, for some reason they couldn't take it from the CC and went straight to the bank account which didn't have any money in. I got a 35 fee for that. ($60-$70). You would've thought they'd email you if the primary did not work.
    Ampinet.co.uk - UK Webhosting - Coming Soon!
    99.99% Uptime Guarentee | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 24/7 Support

I dumped Washington Mutual, with their long lines and high fees. I switched to Bank Atlantic (For S. Florida). They are basically open 24/7, even on Holidays. On Fridays they treat their customers with a free gift if you wear a red shirt or something red and they are always ready to help you and no long lines!

BankAtlantic is certainly Florida's most convenient bank!

Not sure if you're looking for suggestions for a new bank, but try National City... I still have free personal checking there and they treat me great. I haven't paid them a dime in the maybe 6 years I've been there.

I am a nice guy, and I try my best to do it the good way. Though if they do not give me my money back I can tell you that they will not see the good side of me.

As well I am going to be signing up with other banks tomorrow. I do not even want to deal with this type of **** any more. Though it is my fault I should of had a second bank with a debit card ready just in case. Though having a bank you have been going to for so long you would not expect to get screwed over like this.

What bank was it?

Originally posted by Mituozo
    Similiar thing has happened with me. I've got a credit card and a bank account attached to my paypal. (CC is primary, Bank account is secondary). I sent a payment thinking it'd go onto the CC, for some reason they couldn't take it from the CC and went straight to the bank account which didn't have any money in. I got a 35 fee for that. ($60-$70). You would've thought they'd email you if the primary did not work.
    Yep, that's exactly happened to me -- only my bank wanted to charge me about $200! For that, I am also irritated at PayPal and its interface. It should notify you if they can't take money out of your primary source, and its interface should be more intuitive.

I second the suggestion for Washington Mutual. To the person that was charged high fees and whatnot with WaMu, what kind of an account did you have? I have zero fees with my account, and WaMu loves me.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Re: I am going crazy, because of my bank...

Heh went thru the same probelm with Wells Fargo. My fees where a bit higher, around the range of $300? Their so fken retarded I swear. I cancelled my card but they didnt do it because I needed to go to the bank and do it. Went to bank ordered new card cancelled current card. Then I got charged from my other card and they said it was becaus their already authorized. I was like, double u tee eff man. I finally got it taken care of even though $560 came out of my pocket, half because of fees thanks to paypal trying to get 30 cents out of my account when it was negative thanks to the charge, and paypal did it 3 times in 2 days. $33 each time they tried to get 30 cents, wtf? I know I know Wells fargo sucks thats why I cancelled

I've always had good experience with Bank of America, that company doesnt seem too reputable, they seem like a smaller company, I live on the west coast and have never heard of them.