Man Shoots to Kill, so he can be Jailed.

A US man shot his postman so that he would get sent to prison for life and escape his crippling medical debts, investigators say.
    William Crutchfield shot 59-year-old postman Earl Lazenby in Snellville, Georgia, two weeks ago.

He greeted the postman and collected his letters before lifting his pistol and shooting him seven times.

Mr Lazenby survived the attack but the shots punctured his colon and intestine and fractured bones in an arm.

After shooting Mr Lazenby, the 60-year-old electrical contractor drove to the police station and confessed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4687073.stm
    A sad story. Good news is, the mailman survived!

Because of the charges being levied against the offender (attempt to kill a federal employee),
    it looks like he'll get his wish of being jailed for a very long time.

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Holy crap, he survived 7 shots?

He must not have been trying to KILL him,only to succeed in what he did.........

Very sad........

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

How strange Shouldn't he just get sent to jail for not paying anyway?
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"

I'm sorry but this guy should be sent to a mental institution and not to jail.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

a sad sad story.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

A very sad story - but its sad that medical bills are driving people to do such things. My family doesn't have health insurance, because it would be over $1200 a month with significant copays. We're doing pretty well right now...but if my husband, for example, had a heart attack and ended up in the intensive care unit for several weeks....we'd be broke and in debt that we could probably never pay off.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by rackley
    How strange Shouldn't he just get sent to jail for not paying anyway?
    you dont go to jail for not paying, you just loose everything, like house, car, money for food...

So living in jail is better, you get shelter, food and "friends"

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    A very sad story - but its sad that medical bills are driving people to do such things. My family doesn't have health insurance, because it would be over $1200 a month with significant copays. We're doing pretty well right now...but if my husband, for example, had a heart attack and ended up in the intensive care unit for several weeks....we'd be broke and in debt that we could probably never pay off.

--Tina
    I had that exact situation happen in my family a few years back, My mothers side of the family didn't get medical insurance as they thought they were ok, plus they were ok as far as money. Till my aunt got cancer and had a heart attack in one year, the bills for all of this, $600,000 for the year.

.... The REAL bad part is when we were looking at the bills, guess how much they charged DAILY to take her weight and height ............ Thats right $187 to have her step on a scale!

Things are soo screwed up, you need to be prepared, or shot the Mail man, i guess

I wonder if the mailman had medical insurance...
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Originally posted by SeeServers
    I had that exact situation happen in my family a few years back, My mothers side of the family didn't get medical insurance as they thought they were ok, plus they were ok as far as money. Till my aunt got cancer and had a heart attack in one year, the bills for all of this, $600,000 for the year.

.... The REAL bad part is when we were looking at the bills, guess how much they charged DAILY to take her weight and height ............ Thats right $187 to have her step on a scale!

Things are soo screwed up, you need to be prepared, or shot the Mail man, i guess

My daughter had surgery about a year ago. That was over $14,000...and on the bill they charged $12 for ONE DOSE of regular Tylenol. You can get a whole damn bottle at the dollar store for...you guess it, a dollar.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Yes all federal emplyoees have medical insurance

But that is f'cked up!
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Woah, surprised that dude survived. I'm from Canada and like we don't have to pay for medical stuff which is cool. I feel sorry for him.

I am suprised this doesnt happen more often.

Think of it this way...

You are homeless, nothing to live for and life if pretty rough on the streets.

Then someone comes along and makes you mad. Shoot them. Why not, you are going to go to jail and then you have food, heat, shelter, and a place to sleep (and that is least, some places you could have a WAY better life than you ever lived on the streets). While you are at it, you may as well get your fringe benefits, and go shoot a few others who may have made you mad, I mean, you are going to jail anyways, right? Why not?

Thats just the way our messed up government is... WE would end up paying for this criminals food and shelter, and a lot of prisons are [relatively] nice, considering where you could have came from to be sent there.

I have always wondered about that... I just dont get it.
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

A friend of mine's older brother (well we were friend's in high school I ain't seen him probably in 12 years), he had a car wreck (the older brother) when HE was in high school and it screwed up something with his insides and he has to take extremely expensive medicine for it, and is disabled (legally not really, he lays carpet for a living).

He can't get arrested in the county he lives in, the sheriff knows, if I arrest him he's just gonna smile as he hands us a list of his meds and a schedule he has to take them, so therefore unless he really did something bad, he won't get arrested easily. Dude likes his pot, he couldn't get busted for possession if he blew smoke in a deputy's face, the sheriff arrested him once while we were in high school, kept him -2- days and let him go, "not enough evidence" what he really meant was "holy crap he's used like $200 dollars in medicince in just 2 days!" He ain't been arrested since, drunk driving? Deputy brings him home, possession or trafficking? Nope, his buddies he's selling the pot too might get pulled over in front of his house as they leave, but they won't come get him, they don't want him draining into their budget unless he just absolutely does something bad, which he ain't likely to do (by bad I mean rape/murder/hard drugs and major sales of narcotics) a little pot and an occasional drunk drive home and he ain't about to get arrested.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

talk about 10 foot tall and bulletproof

Originally posted by theqase
    You are homeless, nothing to live for and life if pretty rough on the streets.
    I'd just break into someone's house, while they're gone on vacation/whatever, and eat their food, either I get a hot meal in their house, maybe a shower, borrow some clothes, or I get arrested and a hot meal in jail and a cot to sleep on, win/win if you're on the street.
    resident grumpy redneck

A while back a friend went to the hospital for 1 day and it cost her around $5,000.00. She to this day is still paying for it. There needs to be something done and soon.

Originally posted by Torith
    A while back a friend went to the hospital for 1 day and it cost her around $5,000.00. She to this day is still paying for it. There needs to be something done and soon.
    My wife was laid off from work for 6 weeks a few years ago, we couldn't EVEN begin to afford the $700 per MONTH Cobra insurance. She had to go to the ER, $3600, we shoulda paid the cobra we couldn't afford. It took us 4 years to pay that hospital bill off.
    resident grumpy redneck