Thread: worth it?

worth it?

im making a site about my favourite TV programme and i want to make a site with a daily updated review of an episode plus maybee a poll or two on it plus the ability for friends to comment, I was wondering since i dont want to mess around downloading CMSes or updating it manually day by day. Should i bother making my own CMS? i have the time and skills but i want to know is it worth it?

Only you can answer that question, since it all depends on is it worth it to you? If I were you (and I am -- most definately -- not) I would simply install a blogging tool (such as Wordpress) and go at it.

The question is, are you creating the site so you can develop a CMS for it, or the other way around?
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

i have been thinking about wordpress use but it means unravelling complicated code to customise it.

Peter Kinev
    Open Solution, Inc

what no its not worth coding myself or no about wordpress? also i see your an evanaglist sos my aunt funnily enough but im an atheist.

York, United Kingdom
    Code it yourself you get the experience and pleasure plus it will be how you want it. not how the develop of some cms wanted it!

i suppose thanks for the advice, owell i better spend 6 months in hiding now then, cause i certainly wont get this done any time soon.

York, United Kingdom
    Whats your favourite tv program? That your site is about?

little britain its a comedy