Looking for hostgator features, with Plesk front end...

I dont want to start a discussion over control panels, Im just a sucker for asthetics... and ive had experience with plesk, and found it to be suitable....

However, Im looking for a host that provides similar packages to hostgator

hostgator.com/shared.shtml

but with a Plesk 7.5 front end. Basically, I can afford $250 or £125 per year, and want at least 5gb space, and 75gb b/w.

I have seen some other hosts offering same features for around the same price, but cannot find one offering Plesk... so I know you can get such features, for around that price.

Can anyone help??

I recomend you using the HostQuote feature here on WHT and look for a host with Plesk Control Panel, you shouldnt have too much trouble finding one, just hope you make the right decision, good luck.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Not really convinced thats going to be of much help.... as the highest values are 10gb monthly b/w and 150mb space, surely thats going to provide about 90% of all hosts!!!

Was hoping someone who had a similar plan may provide some assistance, as I have speant many hours trawling the net for suitors....

Thanks anyway...

Plesk is more expensive, as why prices are higher for plans offering plesk
    • PHP5 / MySQL / CUSTOM TEMPLATING / CLEAN & MAINTAINABLE CODING
    • WEB DEVELOPMENT via CUSTOM DESIGN / PROGRAMMING

Plesk is more expensive, as why prices are higher for plans offering plesk
    Unless the provider is a certified SW-Soft partner.
    EuroVPS - Europe's Fully Managed Hosting
    Established 2004 - The European Hosting Authority

=) true, I'd recommend cpanel anyways but plesk is nice I suppose
    • PHP5 / MySQL / CUSTOM TEMPLATING / CLEAN & MAINTAINABLE CODING
    • WEB DEVELOPMENT via CUSTOM DESIGN / PROGRAMMING

I think it will be hard to find what you are looking for within your budget. You might want to take a look at www.powervps.com they offer plesk hosting, and www.hostnexus.com

I can afford $250 or £125 per year, and want at least 5gb space, and 75gb b/w.
    If he is in the UK, why should he go to PowerVPS?

There are dozens of excellent, extremely high class providers in Europe that will do better for him at 10ms vs 100ms with excellent support.

How is PLESK more expensive? Most providers supply it for the same cost as cPanel. Only time it changes is when you start putting many domains per server, but even then it's still not that expensive if you go to the right places.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

How is PLESK more expensive?
    Non SW-Soft Authorized Vendors pay quite a premium over Partner companies, and pass the costs on to their subscribers. Not everybody can become an SW-Soft Authorized vendor, it's not like becoming a cPanel PartnerNOC.

Plesk is far superior to cPanel in every way. The simple fact that if cPanel get's FUBAR'd, you're waiting hours (or days); whereas with Plesk (as an authorized partner) you're waiting 1-2 minutes and you've got them on the phone fixing it. That to us is worth it.

If cPanel wasn't so much in demand we would not offer it at all, period.

cPanel = Fiat Punto
    Plesk = Jaguar XJ8

Originally posted by EuroVPS/Igor
    If he is in the UK, why should he go to PowerVPS?

There are dozens of excellent, extremely high class providers in Europe that will do better for him at 10ms vs 100ms with excellent support.
    Where does it say he wants a company in the UK?

I am just recommending a few Plesk hosts that I have heard of, that is what the OP asked for

In his original query you should see that he stated his currency is GBP. Unless he is catering to US clients, there is no reason for his packets to cross the Atlantic.

Plesk is far superior to cPanel in every way.
    I disagree with that statement - Plesk and cPanel are on equal footing pretty much these days. I'd say that H-Sphere has an advantage over BOTH with it's complete automation.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

H-Sphere is a train wreck. The more I think about those days my head starts to hurt.

Had a feeling I might have opened up a can of worms!!!

I primarily like Plesk, for cosmetic reasons, which I know is not a reason for chosing a control panel, however, as its the front end of your site management, I feel it should be plasing to the eye, and easy to work with, as my limited experience with it has found.

Im not necessarily after a UK based provider, in fact they are outrageously expensive, compared to overseas hosting.

Other than the fact that its easier to get hold of support if the host company is based in same country, I see no advantages to using a UK provider... Overseas hosts usually give you more for less!!

I have found many providers offering suitable packages, but only offer cPanel, which I may have to settle with, as Im not having much luck finding a Plesk based service.

I like what hostgator had to offer, in both storage and b/w, and whilst I understand that there is no such thing as unlimited, I also dont see why lmits on certain things should exist... for example sub-domains - if I own the domain, I should be able to create as many subs as I like, as no one else has any use for them... same applies to emails, etc... whilst I could never see myself using an unlimited amount, I see no reason why there should be a limit, even if 500 is more than adequate!

At the end of the day, all that you are effectively paying for is the physical space and bandwidth, surely how you choose to use these is up to you... anyway, thats another thread, and I certainly dont intend opening up a larger can of worms here!!!

Thats my penny/cents worth anyhow... still searchin, and indeed may end up settlin for cPanel in the end... as I have more to choose from!!!

Thanks for all your comments!!

BTW
    I think it will be hard to find what you are looking for within your budget
    I have found several companies providing at least 5gb space, and 75gb b/w from as little as $6 per month for annual payment, so I know there are providers out there, even some of the major ones are offering such packages for around $10 pm on annual payment.

I just want one that offers Plesk!!!
    Last edited by DaMekon; 07-16-2005 at 05:30 PM.

H-Sphere is a train wreck. The more I think about those days my head starts to hurt.
    I'd like to hear your reasons why you think it's a train wreck.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

* Support is horrific. I can name names and times, and even post proof, trust me I've been through A LOT with their grossly incompetent support staff

* Software is extremely unstable. We had Positive Software configure themselves a cluster of 8 servers, 1 control panel server, some Windows servers & Linux servers as well, don't remember exactly how we had it (I can look it up and post the Visio's if needed) - This never worked. Ever. Thank god we never provisioned any customers on this system as we would have been destroyed from the beginning two years ago.

* Pricing is not any cheaper than SW-Soft's HSPComplete, which offers 100X more than H-Sphere, and comes with a GUARANTEE of stability & real support.

* Support - Again, support is ridiculous. Don't waste your money on H-Sphere unless you really are a masochist. I am not a newbie, I have been in the ISP Business since '94, and I know when something is junk and when it isn't.

* Headaches - Reduction of my life span - Misery - Stress - All these are side effects of H-Sphere for me personally. I am not compatible with H-Sphere.

* Headaches - Reduction of my life span - Misery - Stress - All these are side effects of H-Sphere for me personally. I am not compatible with H-Sphere.
    Sorry to hear about your experiences - ours has been completely opposite to you and frankly, dont think we would still be in business without the advantages of h-sphere clustering and automation.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

I just want one that offers Plesk!!!
    Nothing wrong with having a preference - and plesk is a good control panel

I have found several companies providing at least 5gb space, and 75gb b/w from as little as $6 per month for annual payment, so I know there are providers out there, even some of the major ones are offering such packages for around $10 pm on annual payment.
    wow - shopping for those rates is always a risky business. You may find a decent provider in that price range, but, chances are you will not. However, please let us know who you go with and make sure you check back after a few months to let us know how it goes..
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Well, we wouldn't use it even it were free. I am very happy that you made it work for you, it was a promising package, if it wasn't we wouldn't have been interested in the first place.

We chose to go with SW-Soft. It is a much more expensive route to follow, however for us, it was the only sound choice. Now with Intel dumping millions into SW-Soft, we feel all the more better about our decision to invest tens of thousands of Euros into SW-Soft products.

We love SW-Soft almost as much as we love Leaseweb

wow - shopping for those rates is always a risky business
    I would tend to agree myself, but just a couple of them are quite well known ones, and seem quite reputable... and I usually check out reviews first... there is a lot of competition around, which seems to be forcing space and b/w up, as I mentioned, this is all you are really paying for... not that im an expert, by any means... but just what Im picking up from looking about...

Im quite willing to pay double this, for reliability, which of course, should be the main factor when chosing a host, I was just highlighting that there are a few reuptable companies offering rather amazing packages....