Google Finds Jesus

Story: http://www.theregister.com/2005/07/1...e_spots_jesus/
    Maps Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-16.3...8186&t=k&hl=en
    Black helicopter alert There's some very good news today for those readers who do not have the good fortune to live in either the UK or the US of A - you now officially exist according to Google UK.

Yup, maps.google.co.uk has now restored those bits of the the globe previously not thought worthy of inclusion in the big map - which was everywhere except Blighty and the States, Canada, Central America, some Caribbean islands and the Irish Republic. There's more on the terrifying conspiracy theory behind this mass erasure in our previous report into the matter.

But before the black helicopters can return to base, we must ask this simple question: Why has Google Maps chosen to remain silent on the small matter of having located Jesus Christ in a Peruvian sand dune?

Jesus or Charles Manson?

We find it impossible to believe that Google didn't spot this ghostly Turin shroudesque image of Our Lord in the South American sands. What are they not telling us?

A quick phone call to Erich von Däniken confirmed our initial suspicions that the image was hewn from the sand by an ancient civilisation using hot air balloons and alien laser technology borrowed from the scientists of Atlantis. Either that or someone is projecting a picture of Charles Manson onto the desert from a low Earth orbit, Erich told El Reg before popping out to discover a representation of an extraterrestrial wearing an Apple iPod carved into a stone by Mayan artisans in 500BC.

Whatever the truth, the implications of this discovery are chilling indeed. Sinister things are afoot at Google, make no mistake.

Wow, I find this hard to believe, that image could easily be created in Photoshop. I think google is lieing just to make a story =X

Interesting. I don't think google would lie; it could be a joke but I doubt that unless it was April 1st.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

Its not JUST GOOGLE

If anyone is playing a joke, it would be DigitalGlobe/GlobeExplore
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

Interesting thoughts surrounding the 'natural' landscape
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Nature can be very weird sometimes. I mean, just look at the clouds and see how many interesting shapes and forms you can see. Personally I do believe this is simply coincidence. It's not exactly impossible for the natural landscape in a particular area to look a bit like a face. Spooky? no. Interesting? yes.

Or then again, maybe it was Rolf Harris who did it (Can you tell what it is yet?)

Well i guess you are right probonic, it's just like that "face on mars". All it turned out to be was a normal mountain, so i guess your correct in saying that nature is weird

Many times our eyes will believe what we tell them to see.. Just like Probonic said with clouds, I have watched the clouds before plenty of times with other people, and someone sees something different until 1 person says "Hey doesn't that look like" and then your like "Oh yea it does"

Same goes with those damn inkblot tests (not that I have ever taken one before)
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

wow, thats scary as hell ;o
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

woah, that's really cool and freaky at the same time. What i don't understand, is why do we label it as jesus's face? Cause to me, just some guys's face.

Sometimes people search for Jesus in the oddest places.

I think we have ebay as another example of that
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

We don't even know how jesus looked like!

Originally posted by Johnburk
    We don't even know how jesus looked like!
    Well we can make a safe assumption that he resembles the man on the cross.

Very interesting...

Originally posted by Trifolic
    Many times our eyes will believe what we tell them to see.. Just like Probonic said with clouds, I have watched the clouds before plenty of times with other people, and someone sees something different until 1 person says "Hey doesn't that look like" and then your like "Oh yea it does"

Same goes with those damn inkblot tests (not that I have ever taken one before)
    **agrees** .. and i thought it was santa clause
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

Maybe I'm blind but I can see what looks like a face but can't see nearly enough detail to say it looks like Renaissance paintings of what people think Jesus might have looked like. I can't even make out a beard.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek