Recommend Server Management Provider?

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a company offering (RHEL3/Plesk7) server management. And I don't just mean I want someone who knows how to use the automatic scripts either. I want a company who will be there whenever I need them, be it during normal business hours or at 2am on a cold Christmas morning. I want them to install any software I require, and do any upgrades I require (as a developer I'm often going to want PHP and MySQL upgrades, modules installed, etc.). Of course I want security, firewall, antivirus and whatever else done too. Who would you recommend? I've read about Rack911 but I have seen some negative threads about them, and I also emailed their sales over a week ago, and after a few emails back and forth, they simply stopped responding to me.

Thanks in advance.

what price range?
    Checkout www.crunzh.com for nice freeware programs. Including a program for monitoring your webserver.
    Any opinions in this post, unless otherwise noted, are my own personal opinions.

I'm not sure, probably around the $100 a month range, but it really depends how much it will cost to get it done properly.

GTX,

I can only recommend serverwizards.com.

12 servers managed by them at this moment and the 13th will be coming very soon.

I have been with them for around 10-12 months and very happy with all the services given to me.

I will give them 9.5 out of 10
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

GTX Network,

If i remember correctly we told you we do not offer any monthly administration plans, all we do is one time fees and security work.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    GTX Network,

If i remember correctly we told you we do not offer any monthly administration plans, all we do is one time fees and security work.
    I guess Steve is referring to :

http://rack911.com/adminlinux.htm
    and
    http://rack911.com/securitylinux.htm

Hey.. Steve.. I saw that you are now offering packages for Windows Server too.. Great... Congratulations I guess earlier your support was limited to only linux servers

Also very good: http://www.ezsm.com

A very good one is www.totalserversolutions.com
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

yes, serverwizards.com are good but only when there is an issue that doesnot need to be resolved instantly. In general, they are slow when there is a server failure . It took us more than 3 hours on average to get a reply from them whenever we need them to fix something urgently on the server (which we could not afford !). However, when we ask them to setup something on the server, do a customization, they do the job correctly.

We are currently thinking of switching to EZSM but we still need to further test this company !