Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 or PS3

Xbox 360 or PS3

Which would you prefer? I would personally prefer Xbox 360 because with xbox, Live was way better because one account you could access any game. Ps2 you had to buy a membership for each game which seems a lot more expensive. Also Ps2 had the graphics chopped down unlike xbox. Hopefully this will change in the new systems, but we will see Judging on how these systems were, which do you think you will going with?

Xbox 360

Xbox Live was finally able to bring online play to the console world. Xbox live will be free for Xbox 360 for basic features.

Besides I've never really been a fan of Sony.

I'm not too optimistic of the PS3, but I'd lean towards it.

Nintendo Revolution will probably have very few if any good games.

XBox 360 is my choice.

I would go with the Xbox 360 or Nintendo Revolution. Sony doesn't have a good reputation of making reliable game consoles.

Xbox 360 is more powerful than the ps3 and has significantly more featurse than the ps3. I've not looked into the n-rev, so can't comment on that front.

I agree with all of you, I bought a ps2 and i found everything was cheap on it; eg: One day i opened the tray and it simply fell into my hand and cost me $30 just to fix. I've had xbox for about a year and nothing has gone wrong yet after my hours of hardcore gaming

I have pre-ordered the Xbox 360 and a couple of games and I'm extremely excited and cannot wait until I can bring it home!

woah. I didnt even know you could pre-order it yet . I must look into this.

Originally posted by Sting13
    woah. I didnt even know you could pre-order it yet . I must look into this.
    Yup! Gamestop lets you do it, since that's where I did it. And since my brother is the manager of the store, he gave me a list of all the games that are suppose to be released in Nov w/ the Xbox 360 and I've went ahead and purchased a few of those upfront!

Awww your so lucky. Having a brother as a manager of a huge store like that, jeez. I envy you

Originally posted by Sting13
    Awww your so lucky. Having a brother as a manager of a huge store like that, jeez. I envy you
    Huge? I think not. More like tiny. All the gamestops down here are extremely small. Maybe that's why he's incharge of like 10 of them? LOL.

But the PS3 also has some nice features!

Hmmm there is a gamestop in my city and it's pretty big. I dunno maybe just a different company with the same name .

Ps3 looks sleek. Anyone know the pricing for these two consoles?

One word.... EXPENSIVE
    EDIT: I actually looked up the pre-order price of xbox 360, Amazon has it listed at $299
    Last edited by Sting13; 07-16-2005 at 03:09 PM.

Originally posted by E_man3
    Xbox live will be free for Xbox 360 for basic features.
    Wow! Thanks - I didnt know that.

I'll be getting the xbox b/c of free online play.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Xbox live will be free for Xbox 360 for basic features.
    Where did you hear that at?

You’ve heard us mention the phrase “always connected” several times already, but Microsoft is really pounding the concept home by including a “Silver” version of Xbox Live free with every Xbox 360 console.

So what exactly is the difference between a Silver and Gold account? Essentially, you can have access to nearly all of Xbox Live’s online goodness, minus online play, with an out-of-the-box Silver account. Being that only a small portion of Xbox Live subscribers play on a regular basis online, the free Silver account is a fantastic way to reach casual gamers and mainstream consumers.

The Silver account will provide features like setting up a Gamertag and most related Gamer Profile functions, Friends List, voice and text messaging, access to downloadable content via the Xbox Live Marketplace, and more.

Xbox Live Gold accounts not only get full online play functionality, but will get enhanced matchmaking options as well. Periodic, free “Gold Weekends” are also planned to allow Silver account users to experience the joy of online play.
    http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/11...es-Features/p1

Orginally I read about this in a issue of Official Xbox Magazine.

19. The Xbox 360 is going to be $299 but it is a pretty good deal for a starting system. The first Xbox was $299 when it was first released also. As systems get older they go down in price.

Xbox 360 will have Xbox Live for free, calling it Xbox Live Silver. Xbox Live Silver will allow a few things, such as the ability to buy games such as Chess, Checkers, Tetris, Pac-Man, etc through their game buying service. You will be able to see your friends online, send your friends text and voice messages, watch people play games online in spectator mode and have access to MMO titles for free (but that doesn't mean the developers won't charge a monthly fee).

Xbox Live Gold can be turned on at any time and will charge you $50 a year for a year of service. I would suggest Xbox.com as the best source to learn more about it or go to another site with Xbox info to learn more.

As for me, seeing how I run an Xbox site and have actually seen what the 360 can do at this event this year called, E3 I think I will have to go with that

Thanks.

I can't wait to get it.

Yeah, its gonna be pretty sweet. Although all it is, is a mini PC. But still, i've seen some video's from gameplay, the graphics are stunning, it's absolutly amazing!

22. Well all DirectTV and TiVO receivers are, are mini PCs if you think that way Since both of those use Linux or some sort fo OS. It is made just for gaming, and the other features it has, so its more of a media machine than PC.

Xbox 360 Looks More Advance Then Ps3.
    But the ps3 Looks More Like A System From Back To The Future!

Xbox 360 all they way. I'm into the online play so Sony can't win me. Plus I had a PS2 and a Xbox, Xbox seemed by far better.
    It's Scott!

Xbox 360

Xbox Live was finally able to bring online play to the console world. Xbox live will be free for Xbox 360 for basic features.

Besides I've never really been a fan of Sony.
    Don't give the Sega Saturn or Dreamcast any credit there. Even my SNES and Genesis had online play.

Xbox just took it to the next level.

I am waiting for more software from each company to help decide what I will buy when. I usually buy all the consoles released.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast