Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Kayako Experience: They Stole My Money (so far)

So after I got sick of my perldesk i figured it was time to come into the new. I finally decided on Kayako because it looked like it would solve a lot of the problems and features we were lacking on.

So I did my DD here on WHY like usual, and made a purchase. I emailed in and asked for any sort of expedition on order fulfillment possible because email pipes just seemed to break at random times with our current desk, and since support for it is pretty much non-existent, we figured we go with something that handled pipes reliably.

I was responded to with it takes 25 hours for setup.

Okay fine, we wait 24 hours. I did get an order approval email about 5 hours or so later which was a nice surprise! we get to install the new desk now I thought!

Well, their system refusing to let me register as a user, which is required in order to download the product.

I submitted a ticket and asked them to correct. The next day I got a reply asking for my order details, which were already included in my original ticket to expedite. i sent them the requested info and reminded them I already did this.

That was the last I head of them That was around the one business day that they promised me deliver when I sent them a request for the product again, and also included a clause that if it was not available in another 24 hours, that they could do several things:

1. Refund my money in full
    2. Grant me an upgraded license or give a discount on this one (I paid $195 dollars)
    3. If none of the above came to fruition, I would charge back the card.

I waited 24 hours. No reply.

Actually, I think we are closer to about 4 days later now and I have not taken action. I have been to busy installing a desk I found immediately after I purchased Kayako, which I think is going to be a real contender.

One, it works, and two, the author answers his email. Which is increasingly rare with just about every script I have purchased that does not have 5+ developers sitting around.

Anyways...If you have comments or suggestions on the way they do business, let me know. I suppose I should just go ahead and charge it back as I warned I would. I figured if nothing else I would get a reply out of the deal from Kayako.
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response 24/7/365

I've never had a problem with them, and they were always very helpful when I was using their software. I think that you went in a bit too strongly, nobody likes being threatened!

Also, you have to keep in mind that you receive TWO logins from Kayako. The first is for WorldPay which is their credit card processor, and they do not have the login details for your account there in order that your credit card information is kept private. Normally 6-18 hours after that, you receive a second set of login information for their website. If you don't have it yet, then go to their site and click the "forgot password" link, and you'll get your information to your inbox.

There must be something wrong because I know varun personally and he's not like that, maybe they're in a holiday (keep in mind they're in india). I've always received an answer within a few minutes/hours from kayako so there's definitely something going on for it to take that long.

I'll try to contact varun on your behalf and see what's going on.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

That would be great J-P.

Maybe it got lost in the wash when they did their updates to the site, because my original ticket ID key did not work after they updated their site.

Again not my problem, I ordered on Monday and have sent in more than my fair share of correspondence.

Joseph-M:
    The lost password link does not work, I thought of that. It sent me my username but no password. It came to me like this:

User: username
    Password:

No one like being threatened with charge back, but no one likes being told one thing for product delivery and coming to find out 2 days later that no one is home answering emails or delivering products as advertised. This was a requirement that I opened a pre sales ticket on, and with confirmation of "one business day" I made the decision to purchase.

It is not only the waiting, it is the wasted hours on their site that I spent reading the faqs, install docs, and test scripts in preparation for a quick install. I know how to install their product now, and I know it works, to bad I cannot use it anymore

Hope that clears up any ambiguity.

I have just started using Kayako. Personally I don't like their support, I feel that they are not very helpful. But we install our own so do not have to deal with them a lot. But initally when we encountered prob, their response aren't what we hope for. For eg, when we emailed them regarding problem with email piping , their reply was "use the Imap instead", rather than helping solve the actual problem.

Kayako itself I would give 2 thumbs up for the ease of usage and the functionality. It seems to be designed by helpdesk personnel for helpdesk personnel. Lots of things we hope to have, is already in.

So what's the desk you found just after buying Kayako?

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

7. Re: My Kayako Experience: They Stole My Money (so far)

A lot of people say that their support is a hit and hit thingy.
    Most of the time its a hit I think.

Youre just unlucky. Give em more time to solve your issue.
    Varun is a very responsible chap. Cut him some slack will you.

By the way whats DD? " Dinner & Dance "?

Originally posted by Gump

So I did my DD here on WHY like usual,
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Probably Due Diligience

I'd like to know what WHY is (just kidding )

Good luck Gump; if you're able to stick it out I bet you'll be quite happy with the Kayako helpdesk.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

p-nut - I'd like to know what WOW is

Yep, DD stands for Due Diligence, e.g. research.

Anyways, I got an email from Varun early this morning, and I requested a refund since we have already installed our new helpdesk, and written custom scripts for it to integrate with our vB install.

Unfortunately one week was too long to wait for something that could/should have been delivered same day or at worst 2 days later.

I'll let you know how it goes.

BitHost, we went with ProSupport. It is not version one yet, but it works better than some 3. whatever versions of things I have had installed.

Originally posted by boonchuan
    I have just started using Kayako. Personally I don't like their support, I feel that they are not very helpful. But we install our own so do not have to deal with them a lot. But initally when we encountered prob, their response aren't what we hope for. For eg, when we emailed them regarding problem with email piping , their reply was "use the Imap instead", rather than helping solve the actual problem.

Kayako itself I would give 2 thumbs up for the ease of usage and the functionality. It seems to be designed by helpdesk personnel for helpdesk personnel. Lots of things we hope to have, is already in.
    my same thinking. I love their products, but the support is not quickly. I have tickets openned since Jul 12, one replied on Jul 13, then no one. and my ticket status is still open

My eSupport has problem with mail() function, and I said them that I am still using it with Support-Logic without any problem, if I have problem with it, how can I check? They replied that using SMTP instead.

well... their forums with helps from the old users maybe better than their helpdesk?

I will get one of Sales tech to reply to this thread shortly.

Any delays in last week have been due to our recent V3 release, Our Support has been totally bogged down due to almost 300+ new tickets everyday, We are trying our best to answer everyone in time during this period.

Everything should hopefully be smooth by Monday-Tuesday at latest, You can email me personally at varun AT kayako.com in case there is any urgent issue.

Sorry for all the delays!

Regards,

Varun Shoor
    eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System (Supports email+web based interface)
    LiveResponse - The Ultimate Live Support Package (Unmatched features & Speed)
    http://www.kayako.com

Matt,
    I have replied to your ticket as well as processed the refund. Anytime if you wish to re-consider purchasing Kayako products, let me know, I will fix you a discount coupon.

Regards,

Hiren Mehta

Thank you for taking care of this and for the coupon offer. Good luck with v3.

Hiren has consistently ignored my emails, and I am truly enjoying the opportunity to call him out on this forum.

We have had problems with Kayako since day 1, and he has CONSISTENTLY refused to get back in touch with us, we're talking about issues that are actively discussed on his forum by other owners of this software.

We REGRET choosing to use Kayako Support software, and this is a lesson to all other persons, lease before you buy. We bought the license for a year and now are stuck with the horrible & buggy software as well as the total lack of support, especially from Hiren.

The problem is that now to change to another desk will be difficult as we have already put this into production out of necessity. I do not appreciate this type of treatment (ignoring us) from Hiren.

Perhaps this post of our extreme dissatisfaction will trigger Hiren's fingers into emailing us and responding to our support queries.

Regards,
    Igor
    EuroVPS - Europe's Fully Managed Hosting
    Established 2004 - The European Hosting Authority

Hi Igor,
    Searching our helpdesk, we have come across one ticket which you have created (QKT-29932). Your ticket was never ignored and all your queries were replied and attended to. As per the ticket, I was the last one who replied to it asking you to provide me with a screen shot which till date I have not received.

It would be wrong for you to say your ticket was ignored when you cannot expect us to look into the issue without we having all the required details. You can look into the ticket from our support center at support.kayako.net.

If you have any questions on this issue, please email me to [email protected]

Regards,

Hiren Mehta

we have come across one ticket which you have created (QKT-29932).
    No, this is not true. I have personally emailed you several times, if your system is so buggy that even you only see one ticket, then you should go into another line of work.

I will email you again, and once again, if we cannot get the software working, I will be happy to keep this post updated.

These are the consequences of poor customer service.

Igor

Hi Igor,
    Well, If you created any other ticket, feel free to provide us with the corresponding Ticket ID as the one Hiren posted is the only one that comes up under our search by your registered email.

I personally see no fault in the service from the ticket contents, All the replies have been on time and the very last one was from our staff member asking you for further details for which we received absolutely no update. Simply blaming our service without providing proper information does not help in this situation.

Please email me your other ticket ids at varun AT kayako.com and I will personally make sure this issue is resolved.

Thanks.

Regards,

Varun Shoor
    eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System (Supports email+web based interface)

Well, since you guys are in this thread and don't seem to be answering your emails over the last several days I'll ask you here.

We purchased v2 at the very end of December (6.5 months ago) and asked during pre-sales questions if we would be allowed to upgrade to v3 free of charge at which point Hiren said yes. Just wondering if you guys are going to honor what you have said?
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Email me the Ticket ID at varun AT kayako.com, We have been handling over 250 tickets daily due to the recent launch of v3 (add to it that we havent even sent an announcement email yet).

We are handling each upgrade issue on case by case basis.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

Originally posted by EuroVPS/Igor
    No, this is not true. I have personally emailed you several times, if your system is so buggy that even you only see one ticket, then you should go into another line of work.

I will email you again, and once again, if we cannot get the software working, I will be happy to keep this post updated.

These are the consequences of poor customer service.

Igor
    I have personally emailed you several times
    if you emailed him personally several times, then what does that has to do with their helpdesk system then?

I do agree that the customer service is slow, but I feel they are using almost all their time to fix bugs and improve their software.

Compared to Modernbill's support, Kayako is better. Even if they are slow for you. That is, if you use the forums as I do.

Francisco
    ^_^

have been handling over 250 tickets daily due to the recent launch of v3
    Perhaps not enough beta testing resulted in you getting 250 problems sent to you per day? Do you think it's the customers' fault that you're getting 250 tickets per day? It's YOUR FAULT for building a faulty product with a faulty upgrade path from v2~.

Learn to take responsibility for your own actions/inactions.

Regards,
    Igor

Hello,

I think a lot of you need to take that chill pill right about now. As far as I'm concered they don't have a ticket or e-mail response policy stating they will return your e-mails in X amount of minutes or hours. Tho I would have to say that within 24 hours M-F is a good standard. If you desipes the sofware so much, cut your losses and move on. The software is running great for many people, it's not for everybody. Plus v3 is STILL beta as far as I last read which is why we haven't upgraded ours...

Glad to see that some of the issues are clearing up. And goodluck with v3 can't wait to give it a try once the bugs are vaporized :c).
    Sarah :c)

cPanelDemos.com - live remotely hosted cPanel & WHM demo hosting service.

Perhaps not enough beta testing resulted in you getting 250 problems sent to you per day? Do you think it's the customers' fault that you're getting 250 tickets per day? It's YOUR FAULT for building a faulty product with a faulty upgrade path from v2~.

Regards,
    Igor
    You still have not provided us with the Ticket IDs that I requested for.

I am just trying to understand what the problem is here, You first blame our support and now you are blaming us for a faulty upgrade path when you never submitted an issue with us regarding this? (BTW this is the first time you are bringing it up).

Please let me know what your *EXACT ISSUE* is, Send me the Ticket IDs where you think we never assisted you properly or ignored you and I will GLADLY help you out.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

Regards,
    Igor
    No matter how much testing you do you still do get bugs, Kayako and Varun run a great company with friendly helpful staff, Experiences with them have been pretty good and i know a dozen more people who can say the same thing.

Originally posted by keliix06
    Well, since you guys are in this thread and don't seem to be answering your emails over the last several days I'll ask you here.

We purchased v2 at the very end of December (6.5 months ago) and asked during pre-sales questions if we would be allowed to upgrade to v3 free of charge at which point Hiren said yes. Just wondering if you guys are going to honor what you have said?
    Let it never be said posting here can't work, or at least speed up the process. Varun has honored what was promised by Hiren so we are grateful for that.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Worked for the OP

Oh, that's me!

Thanks Kayako for dealing with my situation in a professional matter.

It's YOUR FAULT for building a faulty product with a faulty upgrade path from v2~.

Regards,
    Igor
    Igor, I've tested the upgrade process and it works fine, so why call it "faulty"?

Btw, if v3 is a "faulty" product, then why does kayako and maaaaaaaany more use it on production??

Since kayako creates helpdesks for that price you think they would take time to actually "man them".

My tickets have not been answered for days.

Originally posted by Mark L
    Since kayako creates helpdesks for that price you think they would take time to actually "man them".

My tickets have not been answered for days.
    Hi Mark,
    I just pulled up a report on your account and see only one ticket.

Code:
    Ticket ID	Subject	Date	Status	Avg Response	Resolution	Time Worked	Staff Worked
    RKU-737175	Esupport Leased	21 Jul 2005 05:31 AM	Open	20h52m57s	20h52m57s	0s	Raghav Arora
    BPM-14165	Re: Thank you for Registering	28 Jun 2005 11:30 PM	Closed	17h5m35s	17h5m35s	0s	
    NOZ-90676	Kayako Paypal	16 Jun 2005 04:20 AM	Closed	19m52s	19m52s	0s	
    HQQ-47909	Raider Hosting has just sent you $25.00 USD with PayPal	16 Jun 2005 04:19 AM	Closed	0s	0s	0s	
    ODC-93170	$25/month Hosted esupport	14 Jun 2005 06:50 AM	On Hold	1d3h39m	1d21h23m	0s	
    SGA-73272	Paypal	14 May 2005 07:50 AM	On Hold	11h14m2s	16h0m13s	0s
    15-17 hr response is not bad considering we are in the process of a major product launch.

Regardless, I have pinged our Sales guy to handle your email asap.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

Hi Mark,
    I just pulled up a report on your account and see only one ticket.

code:
    Ticket ID Subject Date Status Avg Response Resolution Time Worked Staff Worked
    RKU-737175 Esupport Leased 21 Jul 2005 05:31 AM Open 20h52m57s 20h52m57s 0s Raghav Arora
    BPM-14165 Re: Thank you for Registering 28 Jun 2005 11:30 PM Closed 17h5m35s 17h5m35s 0s
    NOZ-90676 Kayako Paypal 16 Jun 2005 04:20 AM Closed 19m52s 19m52s 0s
    HQQ-47909 Raider Hosting has just sent you $25.00 USD with PayPal 16 Jun 2005 04:19 AM Closed 0s 0s 0s
    ODC-93170 $25/month Hosted esupport 14 Jun 2005 06:50 AM On Hold 1d3h39m 1d21h23m 0s
    SGA-73272 Paypal 14 May 2005 07:50 AM On Hold 11h14m2s 16h0m13s 0s

15-17 hr response is not bad considering we are in the process of a major product launch.

Regardless, I have pinged our Sales guy to handle your email asap.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

I now know that Mark L. now paid with PayPal, and that he has a leased license for 25.00 USD.

I think that you need to think your steps through one by one before posting something like this in the future, you are opening yourself up to lawsuits by posting private information. Oh, that's right, you're not in Europe, nor are you in the United States.

@Igor.

You said you have submitted numerous tickets. Varun says you have only submitted only one, he had asked for the other ticket numbers id so that he can help you.

Did you manage to locate the ticket id?

We are not going to continue to deal with them. We are switching to another, more professional support system in the coming month & will be ceasing operation of all Kayako products currently in use.

Too bad we paid up front for a year.

We are not going to continue to deal with them. We are switching to another, more professional support system in the coming month & will be ceasing operation of all Kayako products currently in use.

May I ask who is the other you are looking for? I'm a potential client. Thanks

They have answered my ticket, but I do not approve of listing the tickets and what I am paying etc to the public.

Originally posted by Mark L
    They have answered my ticket, but I do not approve of listing the tickets and what I am paying etc to the public.
    Hi Mark,
    The only reason I submitted that information was because you claimed to submit numerous tickets which had been unanswered for days.

As this is a public space, We have to defend all claims where we are not wrong and take corrective measures where we are. If anyone here feels we could not handle their issue properly, feel free to email me directly at varun AT kayako.com, I will make sure it is handled out in one business day regardless of the priority.

I have sent an email to WHT moderators to edit out the subjects from the posts, Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks!

Igor, We still have havent received any Ticket IDs from you to back up the claim.

I am still waiting, Email them over to varun AT kayako.com

Regards,

Varun Shoor
    Last edited by Varun Shoor; 07-24-2005 at 02:08 PM.

Igor, We still have havent received any Ticket IDs from you to back up the claim.
    You know what I am talking about. There is no other "Ticket ID", stop hiding behind your finger. Your proposed "resolution" to this horrible program was mailing my partner a php file, without any explanation of what it's purpose is, or what it will repair.

The only reason we haven't pulled the software yet is quite frankly, it's taking a long time to trial other suitable help desks. Perhaps the reason you have angered all of us at this office is quite simply the fact that you believe that by securing "market share" you can let your support performance go down the drain.

We would have never spent the money on your software, especially for an extended commitment as you know we did, had we not believed in you. We were dissapointed, and nothing you do now short of refunding us will make us happy.

Even writing this post, is a waste of my time. I could have very well been fishing, it would have accomplished more for my business than talking, or emailing you.

Igor

Igor,
    I just replied in detail to your PM with all the replies to your issues.

Let me also post it here, Simply posting on the forums does not resolve the issue. You, and our other clients need to contact us in case of any issues.

We are here to help you solve them, Think the response we sent out wasnt satisfactory? Respond back asking for clarification.. Experiencing a problem? Create a Ticket, Email us, We will reply back with the solution and possible cause. That doesnt solve it either? Email me or Hiren (The higher authority). We have a dedicated support team which is being expanded every month and their only purpose is to reply to YOU, our client.

In case there is anything else, You can reply to my PM or email me directly at varun AT kayako.com

Regards,

Varun Shoor

This is accurate, Varun did contact us via PM and proposed several resolutions all of which sound promising.

Regards,
    Igor

Interesting thread. My own experience is that, upon reading this thread, I have PM'ed Hiren Mehta exactly one week ago and have yet to get any response. This seems to support the notion that they are quite busy to reply to inquiries (ticket or not).

Since I am not a customer yet, I guess it is not the right time nor place to complain. But frankly, this will affect my confidence in getting prompt support when it is needed.
    .: Signature not required nor available at present time :.

I think it would be wise to realize that regardless of the situation when you send in a support ticket it is not the only one they recieve and they can not stop everything they are doing just to answer you right now.

Any business, not just in the hosting business, has delays in support requests at certian times, including upgrading to newer versions of software, hardware upgrades, and many other things.

If you do not get a reply right away be patient and resend your request or ask politely and professionally here on these forums for help. False accusations, misplaced blame, and unwarrented anger will accomplish nothing and will actually hurt your chances of a resolution to your problem that will satisfy you.

Too many people these days have fallen into the "I want it and I want it now" way of thinking. Every customer is important but one customer can not be forwarded above everything and everyone else just because they want something done this instant.

Take a step back and think about how overwhelmed you get in your own business before complaining about slow service from the businesses who supply products and services to you. This will eliminate many misunderstandings and actually solve problems instead of creating even bigger ones.

Just my two cents worth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast