Server keeps being attacked.

Hi, my website keeps getting Ddos attacked, i wondering if there is a way to either stop it or make it harder for them to attack the site.
    Last edited by Sting13; 07-15-2005 at 02:35 PM.

There is virtually no way to avoid a ddos attack, you (or your hosting provider) can attempt to filter the attack at their routers. You can also install various blocks to help mitigate any damage, but if someone has enough resources and strong desire to be a pain, it would be exceedingly expensive to truely block it all.

There are hosting companies that tout their ability to minimize or reduce the effects of a ddos, though they are generally more expensive to use.

What is a ddos attack?

Originally posted by ComputerGen
    What is a ddos attack?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ddos

I'd suggest mod_dosevasive , it is helpful, but it cannot truly stop a determined DDOS attack.

Search around the forums for a guide and links.
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

But I thought this was zoneservs fault?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...45#post3236245

I just hate it when people expect their provider to do *everything* for them when they know the server is unmanaged. If you're going to buy a dedicated server and have 0 knowledge, **HIRE AN ADMIN**. I just can't stress that enough.

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I do know what im doing mostly, just these damn people attacking site, everytime it gets fixed they just attack again lol.

@CybexHost, I'll look into what you said, thanks

Originally posted by Sting13
    I do know what im doing mostly, just these damn people attacking site, everytime it gets fixed they just attack again lol.

@CybexHost, I'll look into what you said, thanks
    If you did, you wouldn't be using that insecure one line PHP code to include files on your site.

*sigh*

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business