Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stable Unmetered Host

Hi, I am looking for a relitively cheap Unmetered host. Thanks

Here we go again... There is no such thing as "unmetered" hosting.
    Even if some claim to offer that, there will always be some fine print....

It is far more honest to do it the way serious hosts do: state upfront that you have such-and-such limits. The "unmetered" ones just do that in a more sneaky way.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

actually, there is "unmetered" in a way, i guess i just phrased it wrong. Unmetered i meant, like they offer so much i will never use it all xD

Most hosts with 20 gigs of bandwidth (or even 10 for that matter) or more you will almost never use.

If you can use more than that, then you're probably not gonna be looking for a cheap solution.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

currently im using about 30gigs of bandwidth a month lol, paying $40/month. Just wondering really if there was anything cheaper. Guess not, but thanks for replies.

Sting13, what do you anticipate your needs to be.

What you are paying now is no longer in what we would consider to be the budget range.
    From your original post people might get the idea that you are looking for the world for very little money.

You should look into a VPS solution. For the same money you can get 200gb from ServInt.

Originally posted by Sting13
    currently im using about 30gigs of bandwidth a month lol, paying $40/month. Just wondering really if there was anything cheaper. Guess not, but thanks for replies.
    For 40 a month you could get a good amount more.

Usually when people on this forum mean cheap they are thinking in the range of 10 and under.

You could get a better deal.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Originally posted by blue27
    Sting13, what do you anticipate your needs to be.

What you are paying now is no longer in what we would consider to be the budget range.
    From your original post people might get the idea that you are looking for the world for very little money.

You should look into a VPS solution. For the same money you can get 200gb from ServInt.
    It's actually $10 more and requires much more attention as far as security.

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

hmm lol. My server is constantly under DDOS attacks this week. So i need security i guess o_0

Originally posted by elix
    It's actually $10 more and requires much more attention as far as security.

Cheers,

Not if you pay 6 months in advance and what do you mean it requires more attention for security?
    Have you ever had a VPS server from ServInt?

Just take a look in the shared and reseller offers section on this forum, and you should easily find what you are looking for. Just make sure to do a little research here or search on those hosts that you are interested in looking at.

Jim
    http://FireStormHost.com
    Low Cost Reseller Hosting
    http://5under5.com
    Low Cost Shared Web Hosting

If you look around, you will find that many web hosts offer more then 30gb for $40/month. Look in the 'shared and reseller offers' section and you will find many decent deals.

Best of luck with your search

Originally posted by blue27
    Not if you pay 6 months in advance and what do you mean it requires more attention for security?
    Have you ever had a VPS server from ServInt?
    In comparison to shared hosting, you need to worry about managing a VPS more--that's all I said. I was assuming that the OP wouldn't pay 6 months in advanced. FYI, I've been with ServInt for 8 months. I wasn't saying anything against them. I was just saying that due to the nature of a VPS you need to focus on security, optimization, etc. more than you would on shared account. Just stating that there's a learning curve..

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

You could get a better deal.
    Hmm... that is only in terms of bandwidth and space. Comparing customer service levels is not that easy...

Unlimited Bandwidth & Disk space 4tw
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

looking also

i am looking for a cheap unmetered also, what's a good place?
    images hosting - up to 5mb per image!
    files hosting - up to 100mb per file!

check rackforce.com, they have an unmetered, but 1.5Mbps connection
    http://www.MonsNet.com
    Managed dedicated servers, reseller hosting, server management

<sarcasm>Yes, I found the perfect place for you, 20GB space, 500GB B/W, for only $5.95/month.
    http://stupid-hosting.com </sarcasm>

There is NO good host that offers anytype of Unlimited Space or Bandwidth, its just plain and simple.

The BEST Unlimited hosting is finding a cheap (not $30, but around ~$65+) server at a place like Sagonet, Liquid Web, Ezzi, etc. Then you can split it with one/two people and you have a much better solution. (Still not recomended though, but it is better than buying hosting from a Teen, and comming back here in 2 weeks crying b/c you lost 20GB of your files)

I was looking for an unmetered server, not a web host.....

I agree about there being no unlimited bandwidth and disk space, I am looking for some affordable 10-25mbit unmetered servers.
    images hosting - up to 5mb per image!
    files hosting - up to 100mb per file!

Originally posted by Nadabrahma
    Here we go again... There is no such thing as "unmetered" hosting.
    Even if some claim to offer that, there will always be some fine print....

It is far more honest to do it the way serious hosts do: state upfront that you have such-and-such limits. The "unmetered" ones just do that in a more sneaky way.

That's totally untrue. Unmetered simply means they cap your transfer rate - but allow you to use whatever you can with no per GB, etc. limit.

Don't confuse unlimited with unmetered. Those are two COMPLETELY different things. Unmetered is totally doable and totally honest.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by SeeServers

There is NO good host that offers anytype of Unlimited Space or Bandwidth, its just plain and simple.

He didn't ask for unlimited...he asked for UNMETERED.

It really angers me when people slam 'unmetered' hosts, by assuming it is the same as 'unlimited'. Why? Because you are giving them a bad name and perpetuating misinformation. Its just not fair.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by Sting13

For 40$ a month(actually less than that), you can get a VPS on www.spry.com. It has 1.5mbps connection(400gb per month roughly, but speed limit of 1.5mbps)

Also you can try shared host as well, i am currently with www.hostingzoom.com on their 100gb bandwidth package and i am very happy.

Thanks Rorax, i really didnt know how much I could get for what I was paying, apparently I can get more. You made my day

Don't confuse unlimited with unmetered. Those are two COMPLETELY different things. Unmetered is totally doable and totally honest.
    Tina, I agree with you, but only if we're not talking about unmetered shared hosting, which is what the OP is looking for. An unmetered 100mbps line is OK, but a shared hosting account with unmetered everything is not (IMO).

Its not easy, with the standard commercial control panels, but it is not impossible or unethical to offer unmetered bandwidth for a shared hosting account as well.

--Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast