* Any eFax like service with number portability?

I have two fax lines coming in and want to go with a virtual fax hosting service like eFax or uReach - but desperately want to keep my same phone numbers.

I know that I can keep the lines going and forward the calsl to the virtual service, but trying to cut the local phone service out altogether.

Any virtual fax service (in US) that allows number portability? Any info would be appreciated.

-WC-

Exclamation

Anyone know of a service that fits the above mentioned bill? Sorry about the bump. I figured someone would have pointed me in the right direction by now...

-WC-

Are your two lines local numbers?
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

You can add your phone number to efax but you have to pay a montly fee of $12.99 dollars monthly, and 10 cents for each page sent. They also give you a phone number. When I register for their service about 2 weeks ago, I didn't give out the fax number they gave me. Next thing you know I have got a fax not address to me. I haven't open the second one because I don't know who it is from. I only register for it so that I could fax a paper to my home school, which is far away.

Originally posted by Chicken
    Are your two lines local numbers?
    Yeah, two local SBC line phone numbers.

-WC-

Originally posted by indiaberry
    You can add your phone number to efax but you have to pay a montly fee of $12.99 dollars monthly, and 10 cents for each page sent. They also give you a phone number. When I register for their service about 2 weeks ago, I didn't give out the fax number they gave me.
    I recently talked to efax - they said that you can't port the number to them. You can only forward incoming calls to your efax number. To do that, I will still have to keep the two local lines active with the local phone company, paying the full 2 line costs + any forwarding costs.

-WC-