Search engine recognition

I was wondering how to get search engines to bring up your domain in a related search? I'm going with name cheap as a registrar and still deciding on a host.

Submit your domain to search engines.

There a many sites which submit you to many search engines at the click of a button.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

to be more specific - Click on this link & you'll find many links to Search Engine Submission Sites

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Don't do it! Don't use search engine submission sites!

I submitted a play domain I was using to search engine submission sites, using an email account that had a pseudo random username. Within a day my inbox for that email account had over 5000 spam.

If you want to submit your site, go to each search engine in turn and use their publically available method. Also note that you don't need to submit your site to all as they borrow links off each other. For example, if you submit to Google, you can almost guarantee that that your site will end up in Alta Vista within about 60 days (not quite sure why but it seems to be the case).

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

Originally posted by idologicJeff
    Don't do it! Don't use search engine submission sites!

I submitted a play domain I was using to search engine submission sites, using an email account that had a pseudo random username. Within a day my inbox for that email account had over 5000 spam.

If you want to submit your site, go to each search engine in turn and use their publically available method. Also note that you don't need to submit your site to all as they borrow links off each other. For example, if you submit to Google, you can almost guarantee that that your site will end up in Alta Vista within about 60 days (not quite sure why but it seems to be the case).

Cheers
    Jeff
    Yeah true but, you can always create a separate email a/c & then submit it to those Search Engine Submission tools Website.

Atleast thats what I did.

And never check that email account again

In my opinion, when it comes to search engines and directories, it is better to submit manually.
    If you are going to use any tool to submit automatically, use a reputable one. If they claim they can submit your site to more than a 5000 search engines or so, run away!!!!
    I personally like to recomend the tutorials and tools of selfpromotion.com . It helped me a lot and is free, if you want you can make a contribution, and you set the price of the service. I was so happy with the results that insted of the suggested $10 I gave the guy many more. It just save you a lot of time, and the payment gives you access to a very usefull set of tools.

Hope it helps, Greettings!
    Andrés Chávez
    All in Hosting - Web hosting in spanish
    *Shared hosting - Reseller plans - Managed VPS*

@jandres4

selfpromotion.com seems a good site. Thanks for the link.

Yes, selfpromotion does seem useful. Good link.

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

I'm Glad I can help!

As I said my experience with selfpromotion has been very good, but I would like to know how effective it really is for different people with different needs, so it would be very nice if you could share your experience ones you have already use it..

Grettings!
    Andrés Chávez
    All in Hosting - Web hosting in spanish
    *Shared hosting - Reseller plans - Managed VPS*

Originally posted by idologicJeff
    [B] For example, if you submit to Google, you can almost guarantee that that your site will end up in Alta Vista within about 60 days (not quite sure why but it seems to be the case)
    Jeff
    Actually that is not correct, Google and AltaVista are two different things and a sites appearance in AltaVista has nothing to do with Google

IMHO, all this talk about "submitting to the 1000* major search engines" is a joke. There are only a few search engines that really matter, and those WILL find you as soon as you have some incoming links to your site from some other, already indexed, site.
    Submitting to any search engine is a pathetic waste of time.
    Instead, make sure you get incoming links.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Originally posted by Nadabrahma
    Instead, make sure you get incoming links.
    Well how do i make sure that I get incoming links.

Becareful, sometimes those sites that submit you to large numbers of search engines can actually hurt your serps.

As for getting your domain to come up in a related search - (what a million dollar question ) We have gotten our site up to the top 5 of a couple major terms on yahoo and it mostly relys on links to your site.

Hope that helps And good luck.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>