Lightbulb Advertising On KFI AM 640 Leo Laporte Radio Show

Hello,

I have been in contact with Clear Channel which owns and operates KFI AM640 Talk Radio (Major Los Angelas Radio Station) regarding commercial advertising.

The show I am looking to advertise on is Leo Laporte which is a tech guy show that talks about the internet, and other techie stuff...99% of the listeners are men age 25 or older.

Since the show deals with internet related talk, I though advertising on the show would be a good way to gain some potential clients...

The show runs Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 12pm

This is the advertisng plan they recommended I take...

Since the show is 3 hours long each Saturday and Sunday, they recommended that I have Two 30 Second commercials every hour, which equals to Six 30 Second commercials per day twice per week. They recommend I do this for at least 6 weeks to see results.

So basically over 6 weeks I would get ((36)) 30 Second commercials for $15,120 ($420 Per 30 Second Commercial)

Anybody see advertisng this much on a techie radio show could turn good ROI?

Also for the above fee, they will professionally create the commercial for you in their recording studio.

Plan on 1% ROI.

I guess it all depends on how much you make off of each unit sold. That would probably take a lot to make that kind of money back.

correct me if I am wrong, but didnt hurricane electric get there big boost from radio ads? Not saying you will get the same results, just saying if you pick the right market anything is possible.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mathews View Post
    Hello,

I have been in contact with Clear Channel which owns and operates KFI AM640 Talk Radio (Major Los Angelas Radio Station) regarding commercial advertising.

The show I am looking to advertise on is Leo Laporte which is a tech guy show that talks about the internet, and other techie stuff...99% of the listeners are men age 25 or older.

Since the show deals with internet related talk, I though advertising on the show would be a good way to gain some potential clients...

The show runs Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 12pm

This is the advertisng plan they recommended I take...

Since the show is 3 hours long each Saturday and Sunday, they recommended that I have Two 30 Second commercials every hour, which equals to Six 30 Second commercials per day twice per week. They recommend I do this for at least 6 weeks to see results.

So basically over 6 weeks I would get ((36)) 30 Second commercials for $15,120 ($420 Per 30 Second Commercial)

Anybody see advertisng this much on a techie radio show could turn good ROI?

Also for the above fee, they will professionally create the commercial for you in their recording studio.
    Hey Jeff,

How did your Leo Laporte advertising go? Did you end up advertising and if you did how did it work?

I would also be interested, if I had the capital to play with I would give something like this a shot.. Look at Godaddy they spend millions upon millions and even have masses of customers LEAVING them so something must be working if they keep doing it