* ResellerZOOM to HostingZOOM

I have seen this topic before but it didnt answer my question. I am a private webdesigner and have 30 clients and i am currently reselling with aplus.net (im leaving them because they cost WAY too much) my sites are for small businesses. I manage everthing and will be using the reseller just to host my sites. i dont need the extra software at HZ.

my questing is
    1. has anyone here been with ResellerZoom and upgraded to HostingZoom and noticed a difference or when from HZ to RZ?

2. Would you recomment HZ or RZ if you were me and why.

I would really appreciate your recoommendations as i would like to start transferring my sites this weekend.

thank you

sfera

Thumbs up Re: ResellerZOOM to HostingZOOM

Originally posted by sfera
    i dont need the extra software at HZ.
    Then in that case, I suggest RZ!

Generally a HZ server has more memory than a RZ server and (maybe) less people on any given server (like I said, maybe).

I have 2 reseller accounts (with 2 diff companies), one of them is with ResellerZoom and I'm quite happy with their setup. When your comparing prices between HZ & RZ, keep in mind that you will need to add $3/mo for private nameserver. Also, HZ provided FREE end user support.

I would recommend a HZ account over a RZ account if:
    1) You need a better built-in billing app.
    2) You need end user support.

FWIW: My RZ server has dual 3gHz Xeon (HT) with 2GB or mem. Which is what they claim to be a minimum for a HZ account.

I would really appreciate your recoommendations as i would like to start transferring my sites this weekend.
    Be aware that they do not setup accounts over weekends. Which in an internet world I find this odd, but can understand why.

ps. Welcome to WHT
    Last edited by rootbug; 07-14-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Re: Re: ResellerZOOM to HostingZOOM

Originally posted by rootbug

I would recommend a HZ account over a RZ account if:
    1) You need a better built-in billing app.
    2) You need end user support.

ps. Welcome to WHT
    thanks for the welcome and fast response. Im with aplus but the suck big time. I find RZ prices really attractice. I do not need billing as i have it already with Authorize.net and i dont need support for my customers because i manage their sites. so aside from that RZ woudl be a wise decision or is it better to go with HZ. I just dont know what to choose.

what scares me about RZ & HZ is that they are only in 1st year and who knows how long they will be here and what assures me are all the good reviews. what a perdicament!

also what is the other resller you are with?

tnks!

Beside the Billing App and End User Support, the advantage of HZ is there are less accounts per server, so RZ servers have more account per server than HZ.

And since RZ is low cost reseller hosting, the RZ server have strict "resource limit". So if you have "high traffic" php/database website, your website sometimes get "500 Error message". But I think since they raise the server "resource limit", there is no complaint about this error again.

The "500 error message" is not server problem, it show if your site use more resource than the limit of the server. The purpose is so one bad script doesn't cause the server to crash.

You can try RZ first, and if your site use more resource than the limit, you can move to HZ. But if you ask my opinion, you should go with HZ.

i have a hz account (3 months) I have enjoyed the speedy support and service they have. The RZ account I believe are lower class server (not bad though) and with more accounts on it. The HZ server I am on has 4 CPUs and 2 or 4 GB of ram. (sorry can't remember) I have experiences really no downtime other then a reboot which they give you details about on their website. If you aren't interested in their end user support or billing software then it all comes down to server specs and price. You can always try RZ and then move to HZ if you want.

The HZ server I am on has 4 CPUs
    Is that 4 CPUs or 2 CPUs with hyperthreading enabled?

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Is that 4 CPUs or 2 CPUs with hyperthreading enabled?
    I was trying to remember that exactly, but I can't login to whm from work so I wasn't positive but I like 65% sure its 4 cpus. Mind you I could be completely off my rocker. Either way I do know that the hardware is better in the HZ side and they have less accounts then RZ.

Originally posted by crazyfish
    The HZ server I am on has 4 CPUs and 2 or 4 GB of ram. (sorry can't remember)
    Its only 2 CPU's...this is why I said HT in my post above. Like all HT CPU's, they will cosmetically appears as 2 (or 4).
    Originally posted by rootbug
    FWIW: My RZ server has dual 3gHz Xeon (HT) with 2GB or mem. Which is what they claim to be a minimum for a HZ account.

I'm at ResellerZoom, too. I'm at Janus server with:

Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #1 speed: 2399.346 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #2 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #2 speed: 2399.346 MHz
    Processor #2 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #3 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #3 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #3 speed: 2399.346 MHz
    Processor #3 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #4 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #4 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #4 speed: 2399.346 MHz
    Processor #4 cache size: 512 KB

So, dual Xeon with HT and 2GB ram. The server is very fast and very stable. My server load right now is 0.70.

So, I reccomend them.