* My GlobalHosters.net Issue... Any ideas?

I'll let this cut and paste of the trouble ticket speak for itself.
    If anyone has any suggestions of how to get this resolved please let me know. I'm thinking perhaps they'll at least respond in a public forum since they've abandonded the ticket system and phones and PM's touted as their preferred method of response.

~~~~~
    Home > Ticket List > Ticket Status: YRU-38923
    14 Jul 2005
    Ticket

Last Update: 14 Jul 2005 02:28 PM
    Last Replier: Chris
    Department: Customer Service
    Created On: 11 Jul 2005 11:02 AM

TeamSpeak Hosting Refund

Chris
    Posted on 11 Jul 2005 11:02 AM

Stephen & Lee,

I've attempted to contact you for a considerable time this morning via telephone. I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but your line seems to be down.

I'm following up with you in regards to the refund promised to my members for TeamSpeak hosting that was cancelled.

It has been over 2 months since we cancelled your services and you (Lee) confirmed that a refund equating the total billing for the 8 months remaining would be sent. (I still argue that this should have been 9 months due to the constant issues from day 1 of our account transfer to Globalhosting - but I'm cutting my losses and no longer wish to argue.)

What is the status of this refund?
    We had requested that it be made via PayPal or credited to the card (the IMMEDIATE manner in which you received payment from us) but were told that you could only refund us via check and we could expect to see this check in 4-6 weeks.

I look forward to your response. I would prefer that it come directly to my email or with a personal call than this ticket system, but will take what I can get at this point.

Regards,

Chris
    emailaddresshere
    phonenumberhere

~~
    Lee White
    Posted on 11 Jul 2005 12:18 PM

Please be patient while I look into your request.

Lee White
    Director of Human Resources and Customer Relations
    GlobalHosters.NET- Hosting the World
    Toll Free Phone: 888-669-1746

~~
    Chris
    Posted on 11 Jul 2005 01:28 PM

Thank you, Lee.

I look forward to your prompt response to a rather simple issue.

Regards,

Chris
    emailaddresshere
    phonenumberhere

~~

Chris
    Posted on 12 Jul 2005 07:27 PM

I'm trying to be patient, Lee.

But we're approaching 34 hours since I've contacted you. May I inquire as to a status without seeming "impatient"?

30+ hours should be MORE than enough time to track this refund promised.

~~

Chris
    Posted on 13 Jul 2005 11:22 AM

48 hours.

Several of our members balked at the GlobalHosters change over after finding many issues on different hosting forums.
    I continued to stand by the integrity of your organization (although try as I might, I was unable to stand by it's servers stability) even when we cancelled our service with you. I did not allow any public posting on our sites or elsewhere by our members in regards to our hosting challenges faced with GlobalHosters.

I'm hoping that you are not going to prove that this was a poor choice on my part.

Integrity is everything for small businesses.

What is the update 48 hours after I've asked for a status about a refund that has not only been delayed but is now late beyond the date of delay?

~~

Chris
    Posted on 14 Jul 2005 10:53 AM

72 hours, Lee.

Is this patient enough?
    ~~

Chris
    Posted on 14 Jul 2005 02:28 PM

75 hours.
    Spoke to Lee who says that he is no longer taking care of this ticket due to "computer problems" (moving, perhaps?)

Left a message hours ago with Stephen and have, of course, not had a response.

Not a SINGLE courtesy call has been made to let us know we aren't being avoided.
    Not a SINGLE email has been sent to let us know we're not in the process of being ripped off.

Is this your way of letting us know that you've decided to take the route of theivery? Not refunding us or responding to numerous attempts to call, PM (via AIM), submit tickets, etc. is simple theft.

I suspect you pay for the time used on your 888 number while people are on hold. While I hate to sit on hold, I'll gladly do so via speaker phone from dusk until dawn in an attempt to contact someone this evening. Surely it rings somewhere considering I reached Lee today (who now does not answer) on his mobile.

In the meantime, I've been doing my own homework and have found issues similar to this on several boards. It would seem I should have listened to my members when they warned me of GH's integrity and support issues.

I hope you'll prove me wrong and repay us immediately via electronic payment. (we both know you've not cut a check.) It's LONG overdue.

Still doubtfully awaiting contact phonenumberhere...
    ~~~~~

Wow, you have been very patient...

I would just file a dispute with Paypal and force the issue.
    HOST78 - Affordable and Reliable Canadian Web Hosting and Domain Registration
    TRY RISK FREE with our 15 day money back guarantee

I don't think disputing the issue with Paypal will help. PayPal does not dispute intangible items, you will just be wasting your time.

Go to your bank, they will dispute it considering all money that goes to paypal is taken out of there and most banks require a reason for the money being taken out.

Yeah, I'm not sure where PP would get me with the folks at globalhosters.net.

But on the globalhosters.net site, I found this quote:

"The goal is to uphold integrity and morals. We base our services on quality, not quantity."

Am I the only one that finds this reference laughable when next to the copy and paste ticket from globalhelpcenter.net above?

Where is the "integrity" in a situation such as this?
    Where is the "quality" in a 75hr open ticket with no responses or follow up?

Hmm, I'm sure it'll be looked into.

I have been in contact with Stephen for a while now, and he seems like a great guy. I hope it'll be resolved.
    It's Scott!

Originally posted by camers
    Hmm, I'm sure it'll be looked into.

I have been in contact with Stephen for a while now...
    Ahhh... So you're the reason he's been on the phone all day and unable to call back?

Get off the phone so he can give us our money, please.

I'm afraid I don't have that much time to devote to him.

Best of luck!
    It's Scott!

I think contacting your bank in this case would be a good idea.

Good luck!

If you paid by credit card I would contact the card issuing company and start the process for a charge back. You have more than enough proof it seems for the bank to take action.

Still no follow up or call from globalhosters.net yet. The trouble ticket hasn't been updated and I've not heard a word.

It looks like it was the plan to steal our money from the beginning.

I can't believe how wrong I was in initially thinking there was an ounce of integrity or effort towards service with these guys.

The only thing I guess I can do is pursue some sort of legal action, talk to the bank so that THEY can chase them, and try to spread the word about how globalhosters.net, voltagehosting, mblicense are all the same and are crooks.

I may even do some search engine submittals to submit these threads to major engines. I'm so angry this could become quite a mission for me.
    I'm even contemplating a website devoted to it.

I just wish they'd just follow up with me with a real answer. I hate stuff like this.

Contact Us...

Chris,

Please contact us for future assistance. The GlobalHosters Network will not provide user support and/or customer service through WebHostingTalk. To discuss this in a professional manner, please send in a trouble ticket at http://globalhelpcenter.net and we will be more then willing to converse about this issue.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay.
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

Re: Contact Us...

Originally posted by GlobalHosters
    Chris,

Please contact us for future assistance. The GlobalHosters Network will not provide user support and/or customer service through WebHostingTalk. To discuss this in a professional manner, please send in a trouble ticket at LINK and we will be more then willing to converse about this issue.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay.
    Are you kidding me?!

170 hours AFTER I opened a ticket and have been trying to IM you and have made countless calls the first hint of assistance doesn't come to through the ticket opened or as a reply to IMs or phone messages but on a public forum where you tell me to open a ticket?!?!

Didn't you even read the start of this message and see that it is PASTED FROM A TICKET?!

Am I the only one that sees the lunacy in GlobalHosters response?

Am I the only one that sees the lunacy in GlobalHosters response?
    Nope you aren't the only one. I see it loud and clear. I would think this is a host to definitely stay far away from. Their response is absolutely rediculous.

Hint to GlobalHosters:
    Ticket Status: YRU-38923
    There is a ticket already involved here. You may want to brush up on your reading and comprehension skills. It will improve your customer service.

i like patient customer
    anyway, as suggested, i will advise you to keep all issues to ******hosters unless situation is really getting out of control.
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

Originally posted by jayzee
    i like patient customer
    anyway, as suggested, i will advise you to keep all issues to ******hosters unless situation is really getting out of control.
    You're right. 2 months waiting for an 8 month refund with a new 170 hour ticket open with only real responses given that push out when assistance will be given or boldly and ignorantly be told to open a ticket for help.... It's not getting out of control at all, is it?

I'm sure everyone will agree that this is ridiculous and that other than the legal action (that is next) public knowledge of this kind of support is damned near DEMANDED.

STILL no response to the open ticket, btw. How long ago did he reply in public but they've yet to contact me?

They've my email AND phone number and have done nothing but post here.

Originally posted by jayzee
    i like patient customer
    He's not looking for advice, and your suggestion was already tried and obviously led him here. As was suggested to the hoster himself, try reading the thread before replying to boost your post count.

Well got a message from them basically saying that they upgraded the ticket system and lost my ticket and can't help me until I create a new ticket.

What ********!
    As I said before... I suspect this is just another ploy to delay what they *should* be doing but more than likely won't.

Help me help GlobalHosters, gang. Tell us what YOU would do at this point if you had a situation with a client get to this point.

Make them open ANOTHER ticket?
    Tell them you must mail payment and can't PP the money to them so they shoul wait another 6-8 weeks for the refund?
    Refund them immediately in their manner of choosing and simply apologize, making no further excuses?
    Seriously..... What would you other competitors of GlobalHosters do?

Because quite honestly, a small reference in the message I got from them says they wanl8k

IMO only...

since it appears you've went above and beyond what was initially required to cancel your account, their choice seems to be to avoid you, when in fact if they were really trying to do the right thing THEY should be the ones going "above and beyond" to get your refund to you.
    Ive been a long time member here and its really a total disgrace that SO MANY people have to resort to signing up here to air their complaint since all other options have been depleted with NO result.
    Im appalled and that is putting it mildly.
    I dont even frequent here that much anymore as the forum has really become a complaint haven.

You might try calling Paypal on the phone and speak directly to a rep. and see if you can get some help.
    If you paid by instant funds through paypal, its likely they've depleted those funds so "don't have it" to refund you. Im not sure this is the case, or even what happened but it IS clear they are aware of the problem as they posted in this thread.

As far as you doing your part, I agree another new ticket will not solve the issue and frankly 2 mo. is LONG enough.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

We are not REQUIRED to issue a refund as our policy has stood as follows:

"5.4 Refunds
    All payments after the initial 30 days of service are not refundable."

http://veushosting.com/terms.php

These were the terms that we had arranged after the purchase of VeusHosting. This means we were not responsible for past payments. These terms were changed following the purchase of VeusHosting. For future contact, please contact us directly.

Thank you.
    Stephen Preissler

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

We are not REQUIRED to issue a refund as our policy has stood as follows:

"5.4 Refunds
    All payments after the initial 30 days of service are not refundable."

http://veushosting.com/terms.php

These were the terms that we had arranged after the purchase of VeusHosting. This means we were not responsible for past payments. These terms were changed following the purchase of VeusHosting. For future contact, please contact us directly.

Thank you.
    Honestly after several attempts from the client, even by phone to try to get his issue resolved, it would make one wonder why a simple explanation to the client wasn't made..say about 2 months ago?
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Chris, any update on this issue? Are they going to or are they not going to issue a refund to you at this time?

I spoke with one of them today and the burden of proof as to how much I paid now lies with me.
    I'm on hold with 2CO now to have them send a receipt to me.

I was told that once proof was provided it would be another 5 days until the refund would be received.
    I made the request that the refund be done electronically to avoid further delay and after a short hold time was told that would be fine.

We'll see. At this point I've no trust in GlobalHosters.
    As to Stephen's response above about refunds.... Why don't you explain to everyone the amount of time we were patient and how all your team had for us was apology after apology and excuse after excuse. Did I mention that we would have to call them to let them know the server was down?

The reason it's been over two months for the refund? GlobalHosters continues to apologize and says they've been hard at work trying to validate the $'s due us.

The reason there wasn't a single attempt to let us know they were having trouble or there woul4 be a delay? Dunno. Didn't get one.

You've screwed up, GlobalHosters. BIG.
    Based on my call with Lee this afternoon it would seem that they are going to step up to the plate and do what should be done.

We'll see.

Good luck with your new host Chris. I hope that GlobalHosters comes through for you and does the right thing.

Chris,

I do want you and everyone us to understand something here. This is not an ordinary situation here, between Globalhosters and our customers. MOST customers are satisfied. These problems arroused when we bought into an unfamilliar market, and had some trouble getting started. When a customer requests a refund, we honor their request immediately (as long as the TOS permits). In this case, their were a lot of difficulties. Chris had paid the previous owner of the company, and then wanted a refund from us. We had to have good communication with the previous owner, which was not easy at any terms.

I do not know much about the arrangements between Lee and Chris, but if such was said, then it WILL happen. We are very sorry for the trouble that this caused you Chris, and I wish you the best of luck with your TeamSpeak server.
    Stephen Preissler

Chris,

I do want you and everyone us to understand something here. This is not an ordinary situation here, between Globalhosters and our customers. MOST customers are satisfied. These problems arroused when we bought into an unfamilliar market, and had some trouble getting started. When a customer requests a refund, we honor their request immediately (as long as the TOS permits). In this case, their were a lot of difficulties. Chris had paid the previous owner of the company, and then wanted a refund from us. We had to have good communication with the previous owner, which was not easy at any terms.

I do not know much about the arrangements between Lee and Chris, but if such was said, then it WILL happen. We are very sorry for the trouble that this caused you Chris, and I wish you the best of luck with your TeamSpeak server.
    So far this is still crap.

NOTHING you will say will excuse your lack of communication with ME! WE ARE/WERE YOUR CLIENT REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU GOT US!!!!!

Speaking with your team I was told that for 2 months you've been trying to get in touch with the previous host but unsucessfully.

Did you ever think to let me know?!
    Did you ever think to communicate with your client?!

You throw stones at the previous host saying that it was not easy... yet you failed to let us know what the issue was or what was going on until we've brought the issue to the public kicking and screaming.

You said you'd refund us because you understood your servers were not stable and we could not rely on them in their current state. Yet you just left us hanging.
    We opened a ticket 2 months later.... you just left us hanging.
    We called numerous times.... you just left us hanging.
    No real communication started until we posted here and you needed to defend your company. Which is what I was counting on since you'd failed to communicate with us anywhere else.

So when Lee finally tells me YESTERDAY that the issue is simply proof of payment, I ask him if a receipt from 2CO.com will be enough proof.
    His response was yes.
    (He also agreed to send the refund "immediately" through PayPal (after putting me on hold to check something) once this emailed proof was received.)

I called 2CO and they immediately emailed me a copy.
    Less than 12hrs from the time I hung up with GlobalHosters I had the receipt.

I sent it to GlobalHosters.
    Since then, I've received an email directly from you, Stephen, but I've received no refund. A full business day later.

Bottom line... You've not earned the right to point fingers at the previous host and their communication skills when 70 days go by and you haven't told us of the problem and made NO attempt to contact us and even tell us what the issue was.

Had you any real interest in honoring your commitment, you'd have called us back. It honestly never occured to you that we'd have a receipt?!?!?!?!? Or that we could get proof?!?!?!?

How about you come clean and just give us the damned refund, admit your team dropped the damned ball, and we can put closure on this?!

I am positive that I said a maximum 5 business days from receipt of your 2co confirmation. You wait one business day and berate again. I have issued your refund after less than 2 days. Thank you.
    Lee W.

Originally posted by VoltageHosting
    I am positive that I said a maximum 5 business days from receipt of your 2co confirmation. You wait one business day and berate again. I have issued your refund after less than 2 days. Thank you.
    The problem is you gave this customer the run around for two months. Perhaps a little bit of humility instead of hostility is in order. You aren't really showing perspective customers any reasons why they should go with your company. You are giving them more than enough reason to stay away by your responses.
    Last edited by MMMedia; 07-20-2005 at 02:38 PM.

Originally posted by VoltageHosting
    Think hard, Lee.

You said it would take 5 days for me to receive payment after you received proof of receipt because you would mail it out right away.

I asked for electronic payment.

You put me on hold and came back saying that electronic payment would be issued immediately upon the receipt of the 2CO.com receipt.

Once again, falling short of doing what you'd say you'd do in a timely manner.

You gave the refund. I'll grant you that.
    But I've yet to see where GlobalHosters has admitted to screwing up and giving me the run around for 2 months.

Did I miss that somewhere?

As promised, we did follow through with your refund. I will extend on what was posted on the helpdesk. We are very sorry for the delay in your refund. It was not expected to be carried out for this long, and should've been issued following our conversation on the phone. This is not the type of service you should expect from a company, and I can assure you that we will take all measures possible to prevent this from occurring again. As mentioned before, this is not a regular occurrence. But, it did happen, and was acted on in a fairly slow manner. We have learned from our mistakes, and are confident this will not come up again. We did appreciate your business Chris and good luck with you Team Speak hosting services. Hopefully, we can put this behind us and move our separate ways.

In a copy of this ticket, you'll note where I did apologize, but you may argue that wasn't enough. Hopefully this does satisfy your needs.

Posted on 19 Jul 2005 11:45 AM @ globalhelpcenter.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris,

Looks like you'll be getting that refund. Sorry for all the hassles. No, we were not trying to avoid paying you, we were honestly just waiting on the previous owners.

Stephen Preissler
    GlobalHosters.NET - Hosting The World
    Stephen Preissler

Nothing will make up for the lack of competance your company showed from day one of our being moved to your services. There is no damned way ANYONE should have to work that damned hard for their refund, Stephen.

It was, from begining to end, a text book example of how NOT to give good customer service.

I'm glad the refund was issued, but am only convinced that it was received because of this public forum. And I would bet anything you'll not convince anyone in here otherwise as well.

Even in your final efforts to do what was "right" you continued to show poor focus on your client's needs.

Good luck to both of you in anything you do. You'll get no repeat business from me and I'll be sure to spread the word (AND THIS THREAD'S LINK) anywhere I feel it's applicable.

You'll never be able to justify your lack of response, lack of communication, and lack of focus, and utter lack of giving a **** unless posted in public where you'd be expected to do no less than defend yourselves.

No flame war here. Just my final thoughts on the subject.
    Feel free to post one last and pitiful effort to defend yourselves. I'm happy to speak to anyone else about this via PM but won't post on this one again.

As far as I'm concerned, the purpose of this particular thread has been accomplished...