* Who owns an ipod

Hi the other day i got an ipod mini, of ebay brand new and in box, and cost 134, 4 cheaper than apple uk i think it is, and i just wanted to say how great it is, and that were can i find the proper mains charger for it and it is cheap, i dont want a non proper one,

if any one is selling on or knows were to get one can they please help me

Best Buys

I dunno if thats in uk
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

yup, best buy is where i got mine =)

My 20GB 4th Gen iPod is awesome I've backed up my entire iBook data to it before, since it can be used as a portable drive, too.

Makes me wonder now if any of you guys are backing up your web servers to one, LOL

FYI, in OSX it mount's as /mnt/Volumes/iPodName i think.

hehe, in the opinion of a lot of people I know, including myself, IPOD MINIS are for girls...Mr grumpy

Getta proper Ipod or something completely different...I really want a .ogg player as my music is in .ogg not mp3
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Got a Green Mini, lost that in a car accident...then got a 4g 20g iPod with some customized skinning done
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I have a 20GB which I bought at the Apple store.

Originally posted by Hoobastank68
    Got a Green Mini, lost that in a car accident...then got a 4g 20g iPod with some customized skinning done
    What kind of customized skinning?

I have a 3G 15GB iPod right now, I'm only one referal away from a free iPod Photo, and I didn't work more then 15-20 minutes to get the 7 I have so far.

30 GB Ipod photo and it rocks. Just got it . 570 songs and the thing is hardly full.

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

I'm debating whether or not to get one. They're cool, but iPods are just a fad; there truly are better bangs for the buck, and while they don't look as sleek as or carry the reputation of the iPod, they're just as good -- and cheaper with more space!

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    I'm debating whether or not to get one. They're cool, but iPods are just a fad; there truly are better bangs for the buck, and while they don't look as sleek as or carry the reputation of the iPod, they're just as good -- and cheaper with more space!
    The reason why I have the iPod is because of all the accessories you can get for it, Harmon Kardon is coming out with a sweet car kit for it. There are many very cool accessories that are out, and many that are in development. When you get something that is a fad, (electronically speaking) usually there many cool addons that you can get for it, that you can't get for any of the competition.

And let's not forget the software ... a lot of other alternatives come with pretty crap software.

I don't own one.
    And I am not not palnning to buy one.

Same. I'm going to buy a Sony Ericsson W800 when it comes out (and have just recently bought a k750i for my partner) - has more bells and whistles than an iPod.

Originally posted by -T{H}R-
    Same. I'm going to buy a Sony Ericsson W800 when it comes out (and have just recently bought a k750i for my partner) - has more bells and whistles than an iPod.
    I'm planning on picking up the Cowon X5 or Creative Zen Vision (when it's released) and selling my Pod.

I'm sick of iTunes, and my new unit's plastic (my last one broke) doesn't sit flush with the metal back. Not really anything major, but it's annoying.
    - Matt

Given that the iPod's are generally more expensive you would expect them to be good quality - that appears not to be the case.

i don't have one. And don't plan on getting one.

Just bought a silver mini last week. I have been using Sony walkman for gym for more than 5 years.. The walkman is so worn out and it is embarrasing have to change bulky CDs in front of others.

The Ipod is much louder than the walkman.. I love it.. Plus I don't have to carry a CD booklet in my pouch bag anymore

I have a pink iPod mini. Love it. Me thinks the ipod is a better buy over all the other players I have seen. If it breaks now, I'll proably get anohter one. Worth every cent, IMO.

However, sony seems to be coming up with pretty interesting stuff lately...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Re: Who owns an ipod

For anyone else interested in getting an ipod, and if you are still in full time education check out the Apple Education store. 128 for an ipod mini.
    Steve

thanks for talking back, but does anyone know where to get the proper charger for it

You can get accessories at Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA and even Walmart now ...

I have quite a few iPods ...
    2 - 20GB 4th Gen
    1- 30GB iPod Photo
    2 - iPod Shuffles (1x512, 1x1GB)

I use them all ... I have one in my Altec Lansing IM7, 2 in the car with different music on each ... and I use the shuffles for flash drives and Podcasts ... iPods are great!
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

I have the i-pod mini.

Many good things about it in comparison to a portable cd player.

1. Smaller
    2. Belt Clip
    3. No cd's
    4. Longer battery life (in most cases)
    5. Better sound quality than my old cd player.
    6. Don't have to worry about skips.
    7. It can take a hit.
    8. Mine was a gift, so I didn't have to pay for it.
    9. Itunes isn't too bad for online music purchasing.
    10. The mini has a shuffle function, so it really defeats the purpose of a shuffle imo.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Originally posted by funkytaco
    My 20GB 4th Gen iPod is awesome I've backed up my entire iBook data to it before, since it can be used as a portable drive, too.

Makes me wonder now if any of you guys are backing up your web servers to one, LOL

FYI, in OSX it mount's as /mnt/Volumes/iPodName i think.
    We used a 60 gb Photo for backup backup storage ( backed up the Backup )

Not only can you use it as a portable drive, you can also install an OS and boot from it assuming your PC / Mac can boot from USB or firewire.
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

i want a creative ZEN mini, any comments about it?
    enjoy your flaming and hypocracy

I have an Ipod Shuffle, I love it! its friggin only 100 bux, and i got 250 songs up on that junk!

Im going to purchase a Creative Zen Micro when i have the money.

I got mine at Walmart and my son's at Best Buy.

40gb Ipod from MicroCenter
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

I have a 4gb mini ipod. Been good so far.

Originally posted by Jeremy Johnstone
    40gb Ipod from MicroCenter
    How much was that, just out of curiosity? There's a Micro Center nearby, but their products are usually way overpriced.

I've got a 20GB G4 iPod and think it's great.

Ditched the iPod earphones though and bought a pair of Shure E2cs which are superb.

Originally posted by Xoopiter-Jeff
    30 GB Ipod photo and it rocks. Just got it . 570 songs and the thing is hardly full.
    There'd be something wrong if you ran out of space with 570 songs

On the other hand, my 20GB iPod has 3800 songs and is full