How do I put my server to work?

I have a dedicated server that I am not really using right now. It is costing me $100/month. I have it configured and set up perfectly right now, which took me a while. I do plan on running future sites on there, but right now I do not have the time to work on them.

In addition the $100 is a good plan for the money, and I don't want to lose that rate.

So my question is - what is the best way I can put this server to work and at least break even with it? Any thing other than offering hosting?

Thanks.

Hey, I have an idea...
    Sell 1 file storage account, for $100 per month.

Here are a couple ideas:

Go to overture's advertiser center and search for things you're interested in and see what people are searching for. (you need a good demand)

Make a site about it.

Find a way to create a subscription base for that audience.

The biggest piece of advice I could give you is to actually do something. Most people (hosting clients more specifically) many times never do anything with the site they purchase.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

May I ask why you are paying $100 a month for something that is just basically sitting there doing nothing?

Thread moved BTW
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Maybe he enjoys to waste his money as he is loaded?

Personally, I am not that wealthy to get a server and do nothing with it. If I were in that position, I would just terminate the server or at least transfer it to someone else thus saving the monthly fees until I have something concrete that I could use the server for.

Terminate it would be a good idea, but if you're generous then give away the space/bw on the server for free.
    Hi!

maybe he try to learn how to admin a box???

a server at home with cable/dsl is not like a live server at DC...maybe he should co-share it with someone.

Terminate and give the money to charity :-/
    Clanplanet: Serving the gaming industry since 2004.
    > Game/Clan Servers, Teamspeak and Ventrilo
    > Dedicated Servers
    Want a new gaming POP in the UK? Low ping and Lag Free? Contact us.

Everything that involves making the server pay for itself means you have to put something on the server--then it's not available for later use.

My suggestion: just make the sites you want to host on it now.

I took everyones advise and cancelled the server. I switched to a VPS at PowerVPS. Seems fine so far. Got the $24.95 a month plan. So I am saving $75 a month. I figure if any of the sites I am working on take off, I can switch them over to a more powerful server.

Thanks for the tips.

Not that it would have helped you at all, but it'd been the "community friendly" thing to do to post information about it in the offers forum and pass the deal onto someone else.