rotator.juggler.inetinteractive.com

Would it be possible, please, to make it so that when rotator.juggler... gets overwhelmed and stops responding, I can still use WHT?

This issue has been brought up several times this year, I find it shocking that iNet hasn't addressed it. For the fifth time, do I need to start blocking ads, just to use this site?

The #1 hinderance to the usability of this site is seeing "connecting to rotator.juggler.inetinteractive.com". I'm tired of pages hanging at that point. Please increase the capabilities of the ad server, or I will cease allowing you to advertise to me, iNet.
    Last edited by BigBison; 07-14-2005 at 12:43 PM.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Re: rotator.juggler.inetinteractive.com

Originally posted by BigBison
    Would it be possible, please, to make it so that when rotator.juggler... gets overwhelmed and stops responding, I can still use WHT?

This issue has been brought up several times this year, I find it shocking that iNet hasn't addressed it. For the fifth time, do I need to start blocking ads, just to use this site?

The #1 hinderance to the usability of this site is seeing "connecting to rotator.juggler.inetinteractive.com". I'm tired of pages hanging at that point. Please increase the capabilities of the ad server, or I will cease allowing you to advertise to me, iNet.
    Right on.

Eric, I know this is the first time I've bothered to give you an "amen" on this issue, but earlier today I spent 40 minutes doing some forum cleanup work that would have taken 20 minutes if juggler wasn't hanging up my browser so badly. There were stretches in the past where it was really bad, but I hadn't gotten around to upgrading browsers, so I didn't bother complaining. Apparently, upgrading doesn't solve the problem. I'm with ya.

What is usually a 2-3 second page load is all too frequently 15-20 seconds. Please sort this iNet!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I'd like to throw in my vote as well. I enjoy the ads actually, but not worth waiting for.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I noticed juggler juggling my browser too. I ended up turning on the banner blocker (FireFox only) temporary so I could keep things speedy. I just turned off the blocker and it seems to be working fine now.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

I agree...

I know with some messy coding, its possiable to make the page load compleatly, and then load the images afterwards. Not 100% sure how off hand, but you can get javescript to write in the table where you want the image afterwards.

If all else fails, get another Ad server thats bigger, please!!!!!
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

Agree, so WHT whats going to change?

Thanks for the feedback everyone- and the civil feedback, it is appreciated.

This is a fair question. I will talk with Ryan and Matt and see what can be done here.
    -------------------------------------------------
    WHT owner once upon a time....
    http://www.gabrielmurphy.com

Originally posted by Gabriel Murphy
    Thanks for the feedback everyone- and the civil feedback, it is appreciated.

This is a fair question. I will talk with Ryan and Matt and see what can be done here.
    I was going to touch on this thread once I have changed how AdJuggler serves ads.

Currently AJ runs on alternate ports behind our load balancer, 8080 and 8443. The Cisco CSS cannot do keepalive checks on ports other than 80 and 443, so it must do a port check. AJ uses a seperate web server to serve the Java content, when AJ crashes for whatever reason, the web server still accepts connections which causes the popups. The CSS cannot know when AJ is down or up because of this and does not remove the server from rotation.

I have contacted Thruport about this and they are working with me on something which I should have up and running Monday or Tuesday, wanted to do it this weekend but I have been lazy
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

Thanks, nut right now im leaving WHT till Tuesday to see if it gets fixed, b/c its taking 30-45 seconds to load pages.

When it happens, I just find it easier to turn off the ads.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I've been using my handy friend, F5

And now for a fun comment, when i went to hit the 5 in that, i actually hit F5...
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

This has been driving me mad today. Hope its resolved soon.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Originally posted by The Prohacker
    ...should have up and running Monday or Tuesday...
    At this point we can only hope he meant 'no later than next Monday or Tuesday'...

Glad to see others have had this problem too.. I use 3 different browsers and all get hung up on the ad juggler...

There... That's better!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adsareforbidden.png  

I'd have to register a vote for: Get rid of adjuggler completely. Quite often I'll be hitting up the forums and get an error due to an adjuggler timeout. I'm sure prospective advertisers would appreciate a more reliable solution. Not only that, but it makes browsing the forums a pain in the rear end. I often give up and convince myself to try browsing the forums later. I'm sure those on dialup would be far worse off then us Aussies on what they call broadband down here.

I can understand a justification to use a 3rd party service to register the advertisments, but the errors are just not on. They're much less anoying when they work, believe it or not!

Must be nice to have the weekends off.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

There... That's better!
    I've seen that pop up every now and then myself lately
    * Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *
    The only way to discover the limits of the possibilities is to go beyond them into the impossible.

Would you people GET THIS FIXED ALREADY???!!!???

I'm sick of pages being delayed by a minute (if they ever appear) due to problems with the ad server.

This problem makes WHT [b]unusable.[b] I am done posting here until this problem is fixed.

Please send me an e-mail after this problem has been fixed, and I will return to WHT at that time.

I'm totally frustrated that I've been complaining about this for months. If iNet can't be bothered to do anything about it, then I just can't be bothered to participate.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Nice, timing out for me.

Notice the elapsed time? That kind of delay today, for every page. Unusable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stillwaiting.png  

I'm totally frustrated that I've been complaining about this for months. If iNet can't be bothered to do anything about it, then I just can't be bothered to participate.
    I feel the same way !

I'm damn glad I bothered to look on this Forum to possibly
    see if other people were having problems with WHT,
    cuz this is driving me crazy also.

I noticed that you started this thread on July 14. To
    me it has gotten progressively WORSE since then.

Really, WTF ?, WHT is like using a dialup connection.....

@ 9600 baud

UPDATE:It just took 6 mins, and 4 timeouts to FINALLY edit this post
    for spelling.....
    Last edited by bdsnyder; 08-02-2005 at 09:07 PM.

The site is UNBELIEVABLY SLOW FOR ME............

I can barely load any pages!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

A bit faster now
    Last edited by The Dude; 08-02-2005 at 09:09 PM.

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Just because the site is loading slow, doesn't mean it's related to adjuggler.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

No,i didnt say it was Jeremy

Originally posted by bdsnyder
    I noticed that you started this thread on July 14. To
    me it has gotten progressively WORSE since then.
    This thread was started last month. My other threads on this same issue are considerably older, possibly dating back to February, if I could use WHT I'd try a search for them. If it had only been a couple of weeks, I wouldn't be nearly this frustrated.

Originally posted by The Dude
    No,i didnt say it was Jeremy
    Then your posting in the wrong thread... this thread is about adjuggler issues, not slow WHT issues.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Sorry about that

No i dont think the ad system has anything to do with how slow or fast WHT is (Especially seeing the ads are on an INET server)

OH well

I just posted a helpdesk ticket about this, as I was completely unable to access WHT for the better part of the evening. I'm seizing this window of opportunity to beg iNet to make the juggler performance a top priority. I'm finding it extraordinarily frustrating to contribute, and my ability to moderate is greatly impeded as well. I've had WHT ads unblocked for a while now, and I'd much rather see the problem fixed than find the best method of killing them. This is certainly a juggler problem. Everything loads, and the page hangs right at the point where the ad is supposed to display. After a minute or more, the ad and the rest of the page's content abruptly load. Every time, my status bar indicates juggler is holding everything up.

Please fix this! please please please!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

At the moment, juggler is working very nicely. I hope this is the result of having found a permanent solution!

Nah, I think it's the bold, angry statements in this thread laced with smilieflames that finally got results.

Originally posted by the_pm
    At the moment, juggler is working very nicely. I hope this is the result of having found a permanent solution!
    I have it on good authority that it is a permanent solution.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Actually, I've had some timeouts because no DNS record could be found for 'juggler.inetinteractive.com' without the 'rotator'. I saw this a few months ago, too. I suggest adding a DNS entry for juggler.inetinteractive.com, so that whatever this problem is it won't be noticed. Opera 8 says:

Looking up hostname juggler.inetinteractive.com...

for about 20 seconds before giving up and displaying blank ad windows.

I havent been noticing any major problems with Juggler for many months.