sending email speed capped....?

When sending emails via our server we are only able to upload at speeds upto 12kb/s. ftp and other methods are much faster (to the limit of our connection) but email stays constant at 12kb/s.

it is a cpanel server @ beachcomber

mail sent via another server from the same machines (say our isp's mail server) is fine.

any suggestions?

It is possible to rate limit specific ports - ask Beachcomber if they're ratelimiting port 25.

Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

Re: sending email speed capped....?

Originally posted by r2tech
    When sending emails via our server we are only able to upload at speeds upto 12kb/s. ftp and other methods are much faster (to the limit of our connection) but email stays constant at 12kb/s.

it is a cpanel server @ beachcomber

mail sent via another server from the same machines (say our isp's mail server) is fine.

any suggestions?
    What datacenter is that in with beach? They resell out of a number of datacenters and to my knowledge none of the datacenters they work with rate limit on port 25.

Re: Re: sending email speed capped....?

Originally posted by TulipSystems
    What datacenter is that in with beach? They resell out of a number of datacenters and to my knowledge none of the datacenters they work with rate limit on port 25.

i believe it is out of the sagonet dc