* WANTED reseller hosting

I need a reseller hosting plan... I want to spend 15-20 bucks a month.

We don't need much storage just need a good server that can handle streaming.

Thanks

Hey buddy,

Take a look in the web hosting offers section for some nice deals. Or you can click here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd....php?forumid=4

Thanks.... looking now

No problems. If you have any questions, just ask and one of us will help you

well actually i do.... have a question that is....

I purchased a reseller plan last month, and once I moved my sites over to the server I noticed the Loading speed of the sites was poor... I am talkin slow, even the ftp connection was slow

So now I am looking for another reseller hosting plan. about 40 domains, what's important is that I can do some streaming and also load flash heavy sites.

Okay, make sure you know the location of the server because speed will vary on your distance.

It will also depend on the server specs and it's connection to the internet.

Also make sure that the server operator is not putting many resellers on the same server.
    HostingFest.com for all your Windows Hosting needs.
    HELM & WSP, ColdFusion 9, ASP, ASP.NET 1,2,3.5 & 4, PHP 5, MS SQL 2005/2008, MySQL, SmarterStats 4, Smarterstats 6.
    Shared, Reseller & VPS Plans.

Also make sure that the server operator is not putting many resellers on the same server.
    That's rather hard to determine, especially with precision. For one, only the reseller hosting providers will have the actual figures (and often they don't make them public), and, on the other hand, thenumber of reseller hosting accounts that fit a server depend very much on things like hardware and the sizes of the reseller accounts. One could try to get some figures regarding average server load, cpu and memory usage etc. of a few servers, but even that might prove hard.

Originally posted by foodbiz
    well actually i do.... have a question that is....

I purchased a reseller plan last month, and once I moved my sites over to the server I noticed the Loading speed of the sites was poor... I am talkin slow, even the ftp connection was slow

So now I am looking for another reseller hosting plan. about 40 domains, what's important is that I can do some streaming and also load flash heavy sites.
    A question, where is your current host located and where are you located? Also where are your target visitors located.

Is this something your are facing or others are also facing. You can request to get loading speed checked by others at: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...php?forumid=64
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

Also consider the price you are willing to pay. The lower the price and the more space and bandwidth provided with the package the more accounts the reseller has to pack on the server to make a profit thus a more loaded server.

Say for instance you buy a $10.00 a month reseller account the reseller has to sell double the number of accounts per server to make the same profit as the reseller selling them for $20.00 a month. Consider that a host offering 5 gig of space and 100 gig of transfer for $10.00 a month and allows overselling may seem like a dream to some because they get more bang for the buck and can sell more accounts thus make more money. But so does everyone else on that server so you could easliy end up with 2000-3000 accounts on the server and it being slow as Christmas.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

Here are my recommendations for finding a host:

WHT offers clients a number of pretty good hosts. The problem is that just surfing through the forums, one can become overwhelmed by the number of hosts available.

Therefore I have a number of recommendations that often appear in posts:

Take a number of the recommendations you get and compile a list of potential hosts. More often than not recommendations are well meaning.

Take each host on your list and search for each in turn (at WHT) with the word "review" in the search option. You'll roughly get a list of reviews offered for each host on your list. The better companies will have fewer bad reviews.

Once you have filtered your list down to 3 or 4 hosts, contact each asking technical but detailed pre-sales questions.

You can then judge for yourself the quality and tone of their response. As a general rule, companies that are poor at addressing presales questions are poor at service and support.

This will help you sort out the companies you can deal with within your price range.

Regarding Techarks' comments - I agree completely so there is a relationship between cost and stability.

Best of luck finding a company.

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

well, right now I sit on 3 servers! All of whom did a great job at the Presale... but it is only the BIG boys that have delivered(and of course we have to pay a premium for their services)

That's why about 2 a month ago I found a reseller, checked everything out! Great ratings, good presale and all...

But most of the people I run into on these forums seem to be small time sites... not much bandwidth demand , they make a few bucks here and there

Well, my sites generate revenue! So I am not affraid of paying. Yet when I see a reseller plan, well you bet your *** I want in on the deal. . . ((anyone feel my pain here))

I am not asking for the world , I am just asking for the next host to deliver uptime and bandwidth

Hello,

Consider taking your time when making your decision and make sure you do enough research around these forums and others.

Also try some directories or review sites like whreviews.com

Good Luck

There are many host who provide streaming support with hosting just I think amount which you want to pay is too low because you also want 40 domain hosting please consider that amount again.

Originally posted by aryahosting
    There are many host who provide streaming support with hosting just I think amount which you want to pay is too low because you also want 40 domain hosting please consider that amount again.
    ??? 40 domains I didn't say how much space we needed....

Oh Lord looks like another foreigner with a cheap server

Originally posted by Jason.NXH
    Okay, make sure you know the location of the server because speed will vary on your distance.

It will also depend on the server specs and it's connection to the internet.

i belive speed will vary on CPU being overloaded or not

the diffrence in location is nano seconds

Ofcourse

you must check the site review and details before start

good luck

the diffrence in location is nano seconds
    That's unfortunately not true.