Finding a good host.

I figured this would be the best place to ask for a good place to be hosted. I know there are tons of hosts out there, and I could find loads of them by using google, but I'd prefer hearing some suggestions from people who have had first-hand experience.

I have to say this now though, I am quite picky about hosting. I have gone through numerous hosts during the last 3-4 years, and the only one I have been satisfied with is my current one. But the thing is that I am paying $50 a month, and with my current income it's bit too much for me to pay, and I haven't really found it too useful as of lately.

So anyway, here's a list of things I'd like for my webhost to be, if you have any suggestions, please do tell me. I don't want to say any price limits, anything below $50 is worth of checking out for me. And thank you in advance. :)

• Reliable. Has been up and running for some time, and doesn't have bad reputation.
    • Good uptime, I don't want my host to be down twice a day.
    • Fast network! The first paid hosting I had got a speed of 20 KB/s max, I don't want to experience this again.
    • At least support for 5 domains (hosted, I obviously pay for the names myself). Preferably more.
    • Some sort of an admin panel, I like cPanel and DirectAdmin the most.
    • PHP 4 or 5, MySQL (preferably 4.1+) at least with 5-10 databases, preferably more/unlimited. Perl, Python optionally.
    • E-Mail accounts, 10+ should be fine.
    • This isn't a necessity, but if the host allows me to run an eggdrop bot, it's a major plus.
    • This isn't necessarily either, but it'd be great if I had access to the DNS zones of my hosted domains (I don't use all my subdomains as vhosts for webserver).
    • 3-5GB of space. Preferably more. If it's upgradeable it's fine with me.
    • 50GB+ bandwidth
    • Apache webserver (can't live without .htaccess)
    • Sub FTP accounts, 10+, preferably unlimited.

I said I am pretty picky, but I'd really like to get a good hosting now and stay with it. If you can be any help, thanks a ton. :)

I would highly recommend using "HostQuote" feature located at the top. You can also check the 'hosting offers' section. You should be able to find what you are looking for with no problem, the budget seems perfect and the request is not that high aswell.

Best of luck with your search

If you are talking about 50/mth and not /yr, I'm sure you be able to find what you are looking for. An advice is try not to pay yearly or more, that way if the host go bust it wouldn't hurt that much
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

United Kingdom
    Id say, Go to the offers section when you see a offer you like search up for reviews or you can even ask if anyone has had experience with them better to search though
    Good luck with the search.

I would rather advice you to pay per month and go for the top hosts. !
    Your buget is high so go for the top hosts. Hostgator is good ipowerweb is good. Go for them! - ★★ Managed VPS / Budget Servers / Colocation ★★
    Facilities : Atlanta, Buffalo and Las Vegas
    Web : http://www.serverlogix.comContact Us

Thank you for your replies, I've looked through the Hosting Offers forum, and the companies you suggested mehboobashraf, and I've found some nice packages with good prices.

If you want to be sure about them, you could also try asking for a free trial, some will offer this if you contact them.

At least that way, you know what to expect before you hand over your cash.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

Northern Europe.
    With the spec you have, my first choice would be Micfo. I have an account with them, and their servers are fast + I have an excellent uptime (which I'm monitoring thru Host-tracker). They will also offer you a 30-day free trial.
    Another good choice would be Site5. I have an account with them also, and I have NO complaints.

Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic