Of course I remember that Deep Throat, because the story only broke back on June 1 and my memory easily goes back a couple of months.

I wonder if he started writing the book before or after he admitted to being deepthroat.

Originally posted by mikeylove
    I wonder if he started writing the book before or after he admitted to being deepthroat.
    This is the new book by Bob Woodward, not by Mark "Deep Throat" Felt.

Felt's book (a new one, his memoir published in 1979 of course didn't mention his Deep Throat role) is expected to be published next year. The publishing deal for it was signed after his identity was revealed. Whether he already had a plan to write a book before making that revelation in a magazine interview... who knows?

The first time I went to see it the Tacoma Police came in and told everyone to leave. No refunds.

Deep Throat should be in prison.

Re: Do you remeber DEEP THROAT

Originally posted by 5urlcom
    No, not THAT one
    LMFAO!

Originally posted by The Islander
    because ____________ <--- insert reason there
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Originally posted by The Islander

Why should he be in prison?
    What law did he break?

That's what i love about conservatives.

If nixon were a democrat, none of these people would be complaining about deepthroat.

Because nixon was a republican, all these conservative nuts are going to call deepthroat a traitor, and say that he is a terrible person who should be sitting in a jailcell right now.

They're all crazy.

Deepthroat uncovered a scandal, enough said.

No, not THAT one
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Originally posted by Tulip-Dennis
    Deepthroat uncovered a scandal, enough said.

what would you know about that dennis, you are far too young

supposidly they are remaking "that one"

If nixon were a democrat, none of these people would be complaining about deepthroat.

Because nixon was a republican, all these conservative nuts are going to call deepthroat a traitor, and say that he is a terrible person who should be sitting in a jailcell right now.

They're all crazy.
    Different party and you have different people doing the same things. The Democrats tried to prosecute Linda Tripp for taperecording the conversations in which she was being solicited to aid and abet perjury.

Well tell me, how much damage was done to the country when Bill messed with Monica?

the act caused no damage, the fact that the president was able to set the legal precedent that hey could commit purgery as long as it was a sex act is the damage

It didn't set a legal precedent. He was still impeached.

Should he go to jail for lying about having an affair?

Watergate was illegal from the beginning. Clinton's affair wasn't.

That's because it's expected of a democrat.

Yet both showed us that lack of leadership skills - no integrity and no character. IMO.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

In comparing Felt and Tripp it's not really relevant whether Nixon's or Clinton's actions were illegal or immoral or whatever. This is the difference: Mark Felt clearly didn't violate any laws by talking to a reporter about what he knew about the Watergate coverup, but a grand jury determined that Linda Tripp violated Maryland law by recording the conversations with Monica Lewinsky.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

It didn't set a legal precedent. He was still impeached.

Should he go to jail for lying about having an affair?

purgery is purgery regardless of the reason you lied.

you just proved my point, it's now acceptable to lie under oath about sexual acts

you just proved my point, it's now acceptable to lie under oath about sexual acts
    He was impeached. If it were acceptable to lie under oath, he wouldn't have been impeached.

The court in Maryland decided that Linda Tripp reasonably believed her recordings were legal after she had gotten permission from Kenneth Starr. Even if her belief was incorrect, it was reasonable enough to contradict criminal intent.
    Whether it was lying about sex or the Watergate break-in, both were corrupting influences. Neither was very rewarding to the perpetrators. One reason that I am very sympathetic to Linda Tripp is that while that story was sexy enough to be "newsworthy", non-sexy stuff was happening at VA Med Center Reno. People had been solicited to lie, and those who went along had become slaves to having done so. It is not unique to either party. As an experienced manager, Linda Tripp had probably seen some variation of the situation that was being imposed on her. While the idea of what was happening in Washington probably did not directly trickle down to Reno, the absence of interest in serious correction was probably a known trickle down effect. It's one reason why I have an unfavorable opinion of Sen. Harry Reid, whom I had previously voted for.

I think it actually was illegal for Mark Felt to disclose confidential information to reporters. I can sympathize with his dilemma. The appropriate authorities for him to report to were already at least accessories to the crimes he was discovering.

Despite the differences in the details, I think the cases of Nixon and Clinton, and of Felt and Tripp had enough similarities that viewed together they do demonstrate how heavily partisanship counts when it comes to who says who should be praised,excused, or punished.

Of course I remember. I would never forget a deep throat!

(please excuse my poor humor)

They're all crazy.
    And do you think the Democrats would be throwing a hissy fit about Karl Rove if he were not a Republican?

This whole debate -- along with previous ones, like the Clinton affair and the Watergate scandal -- are clearly about politics and partisanship. Everything that goes on in the various forms of government is all about politics. There's just no escaping that when you're dealing with such an inherently corruptible and "herd-mentality" species.