Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HTTPme of Windows Reselling

I am looking for a windows reselling host whose prices are decent (not the lowest) and whose reputation is rock solid i.e an experienced windows host whose support is prompt and extremely impressive.

In other words... I am looking for the "HTTPme of Windows Reselling"!

Any suggestions on who in your opinion is the "HTTPme of Windows Reselling"? Please give a brief explanation why your suggested windows host is the "HTTPme of Windows Reselling"?

Have a look at www.hostnexus.com / www.resellernexus.com. They have a large community just like HttpMe. Check it out at www.nexusportal.net

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Hi Elix,

After doing a little searching, though HostNexus may be technically good at what they do, I don't think they deserve the title of being the "HTTPme of Windows Reselling" because they seem to have pissed off quite a number of members in this forum.

I am seeking the opinions of the gurus like you in this forum because I want to host with a great hosting company who is very similar to HTTPme in server management, customer attitudes, reputation, etc. but offers Windows unlike HTTPme.

What I personally sense about HTTPme is that their support attitude is to prevent problems from occuring in the first place. And if and when problems do occur, then they rectify the problem promptly in an appropriate manner followed with proper communication. They do slip up occasionally, but the occasions are rare.

Had HTTPme offered Windows, I wouldn't have even bothered to make this post. Price is not the main issue for me. I am searching for one of the few really good Windows host that I can partner with.
    Last edited by officer; 07-14-2005 at 01:59 AM.

You will have a few "pissed off" customers when you reach the 1000+ mark. It's not easy to keep everyone happy, and keep in mind theirs probably people displeased with httpme but they either don't know about this place or neglect to post here.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Correctly said, coight! Every medium sized to large sized company will have their ratio of "pissed off" customers. Its just that the good companies of these have a much smaller ratio than the not so good ones.

BTW, your company is one of the better ones in my opinion, so I am sure you understand what I mean when I say what I say!

Who, in your personal opinion, is the "HTTPme of Windows Reselling"? Opinions of industry leaders like you will really help me make a good choice.

You may want to consider http://www.hostway.com. Netcraft ranked Hostway the most reliable Web hosting site recently.

In that case, why not check out www.jodohost.com.

Cheers,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Hi again, Elix!

I am having a look at their site just now. Will do a search on WHT subsequently. Thanks a lot for suggesting jodohost. Please refer me to a few more great ones if you can think of any.

I can't comment on any hosts I have not used officer. Other hosts give opinions but I don't want you to come back three months later upset at a suggestion I gave
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Hello again Coight,

I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to reply to my thread. You mentioned "I don't want you to come back three months later upset at a suggestion I gave" which I can totally understand. But it is the opinions & suggestions of extremely successful hosts like you that I really need.

Successful people like you and some of the other gurus here have the intelligence & insight to ignore crap when you see or hear it. Even though you may not have directly used a great windows host, you are able to recognize who is good or bad simply from the little snippets you hear/read in this forum.

I am acutely aware no host is perfect for anybody. What I am looking for is for a great Windows host who has built up a reputation for running an operation as efficently as HTTPme or Myacen.

Hence, I would really be grateful if I received one or more suggestions from you. You've been around the forum for eons, so I will be valuing your suggestions greatly.

Thanks.

Re: HTTPme of Windows Reselling

Originally posted by officer
    Please give a brief explanation why your suggested windows host is the "HTTPme of Windows Reselling"?
    People are suggesting hosts they obviously haven't used and are not giving reasons why "their" suggested host is up there, apart from what they have observed.

Try www.fluidhosting.com for windows web hosting.

I have used them for 2 1/2 years for all my business web sites.

If you want to see a 500+ page Frontpage web site running at Fluid Hosting on a multi domain windows account try www.chicagojobresource.com

Few minor isssues and great uptime.
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

Originally posted by coight
    You will have a few "pissed off" customers when you reach the 1000+ mark. It's not easy to keep everyone happy, and keep in mind theirs probably people displeased with httpme but they either don't know about this place or neglect to post here.
    There's been some folks displeased with httpme (even when I owned httpme). There's been some of those threads on WHT, but they have been few and far between. I take pride in the main reason for that was fast communication with clients with server issues etc, and the proper resolving of issues privately, before they blow up on a public forum.

If an issue makes it out_in_the_open, on a forum, then I would have considered that, in most instances, a failure on my part, in not containing or successfully resolving that issue. Sure, you can't please everyone, but we gave it a damn good shot.

officer, best wishes in your search for a good windows reseller. Thank you for your very kind words.

officer, I am not sure about other, but had tried cyberservers.net. Their services are good enough for me 24/7 supporting staff, even slow sometimes, but they do answer. stable servers. last time I was with them, they moved to The Planet DC. You can check with them about this. The reason I have left is: upgrading to our own windows server if you are still looking for a windows reseller account, visit their website at www.cybersevers.net

Originally posted by gate2vn
    officer, I am not sure about other, but had tried cyberservers.net. Their services are good enough for me 24/7 supporting staff, even slow sometimes, but they do answer. stable servers. last time I was with them, they moved to The Planet DC. You can check with them about this. The reason I have left is: upgrading to our own windows server if you are still looking for a windows reseller account, visit their website at www.cybersevers.net
    Oopsies @ gate2vn :-P.

Bad link there.

www.cyberservers.net

Cheers,

check your internet connection pls I can access site without any problem

ok guys... after a little personal research on wht... here are the results (in alphabetical order) of the companies I am inclined towards for purchasing a Windows Reseller account:

www.cartikahosting.com
    www.diyhosting.com
    www.jodohost.com

Any opinions/comments when it comes to a comparision only between these three hosts? Could there be other Windows Reselling hosts out there that match the performance/reputation of these three?
    Last edited by officer; 07-17-2005 at 02:54 PM.

I don't understand the difference between hostnexus and resellernexus. Resellernexus doesn't seem to have windows plans, but hostnexus does. But, if this is the same company why having reseller plans on hostnexus and not using resellernexus directly?
    Anyone care to explain?

Also, Fluid Hosting doesn't seem to have reseller packages. Why do always people have to put some noise on this threads?

officer, I'm currently on the trial account for JodoHost. I'm almost buying from them but I found out some problems with transfer speed from some locations in the US and outside US. I think they give great value at a great price. They are cheaper than the other two you name, and they seem respectable and reliable these days. Besides, I like how they communicate around here better than DIY.

I'd also considered going with serverdivision.com but they don't have much history yet, and I'm now more convinced to get an H-Sphere account.

If you care to help me test the download speed of Jodo's servers from your location, please PM me.

eehost...

what was the nature of the problem exactly that you mention above?

have you ever been with the other two or tested them in any way before i.e. either technically or sales/support-wise?

I too am getting convinced about getting an H-sphere account. It seems cartika and diy offer a high featured/automated HS Control Panel with a lot of integration. Does Jodo (in your opinion) have an equally high-featured/automated HS Control Panel also?

Have PM'd yo regarding testing Jodo's servers from my location.

Problem is slow speed compared to what you supposedly should get from some locations around the US and outside US.

I haven't tryed any of the other two. They also have a good reputation around here but their prices are higher. I like Cartika's attitude better, but I can only speak for what I've seen publicy around these forums and the Internet though.

I think Jodo have the same high-featured H-Sphere CP or even better. But I think I haven't compared them on a 1 to 1 basis. I could help you do so if you want. They do offer a trial week on their shared plans that I'm currently taking advantage of to test them. I don't know if DIY or Cartika have a simmilar offer.

I'll get to your PM in a minute.

I am inclined towards for purchasing a Windows Reseller account:

www.cartikahosting.com
    www.diyhosting.com
    www.jodohost.com
    Hello officer and thank you for your consideration. I dont think you can go wrong with any of the hosts you have listed

They do offer a trial week on their shared plans that I'm currently taking advantage of to test them. I don't know if DIY or Cartika have a simmilar offer.
    Unfortunaltely, we do not offer a free trial program - however, we do offer a no questions asked 30 money back guarantee in its place. Not something very many people have ever taken us up on, but, the program is in place and will be honored if anyone changed their mind, for whatever reason.

Thanks and best of luck in your search...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Originally posted by eehost
    Besides, I like how they communicate around here better than DIY.
    Was it something I said?

I was always under the assumption that I was a direct, and honest poster on WHT. Maybe that's the problem. Who knows.

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Simon

Originally posted by eehost
    I don't understand the difference between hostnexus and resellernexus. Resellernexus doesn't seem to have windows plans, but hostnexus does. But, if this is the same company why having reseller plans on hostnexus and not using resellernexus directly?
    Anyone care to explain?
    HostNexus offers Plesk, which supports Linux and Windows. ResellerNexus offers cPanel which only supports Linux.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast