Trash collector deserves a huge raise

Yup, this trash collector deserves a huge raise, a medal and a key to the city.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...n/12118221.htm

I just can't imagine the intensity of the gratitude that 4 year old's parents must have for this guy.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by JHosts
    You need to signup to read it... Please post the article.
    BugMe Not

Wisconsin 4-year-old rescued from the trash

KENOSHA, Wis. — A 4-year-old boy who hid inside a duffel bag placed with the family trash was nearly crushed in a garbage truck’s compactor before a sanitation worker heard him scream.

Jacob Deates had climbed inside the duffel bag just as the garbage truck came by Monday morning. All the items were tossed into the truck, including the bag with the boy, said his mother, Jennifer Deates.

Trash collector Inis Ramadani said he was starting the compactor, and “as soon as the hopper started to run like this, I hear a scream.” He stopped the compactor and saw the boy reaching out from the bag.

“I grabbed the boy and gently put him out, and he ran to his house,” Ramadanis said.

The boy was uninjured, police said.

He apparently had an interest in garbage trucks and “kind of hid in (the trash) as the garbage truck came up,” said Ronald Bursek, Kenosha’s public works director.

The mother should've been watching her son a bit more closely. It's a good thing this didn't turn out into another tragedy.

Sorry about that, JHosts, and thanks Rob.

Weird. When linking to the story from google, no signup needed.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Garbage man did a good job, unfortunatly I would not be surprised if he is sued by the mother in the next few weeks. Geez people these days sue for anything.
    - 7de5igns

What would the basis for her law suit? I can't imagine any reason she'd want to sue the guy.

Vito

He wasn't injured when the bag was thrown in the truck? That's pretty incredible.

Originally posted by mikeylove
    He wasn't injured when the bag was thrown in the truck? That's pretty incredible.
    That thought occurred to me as well. I'm guessing there were already some bags of garbage in the truck that cushioned the impact, since the story says that the guy started the motor to compact, and that's usually done after the bin is full of a few bags.

Vito

The Garbage man deserves credit but I don't think he can be sued as he showed vigilance
    if the Garbage man has to be sued in this case then that would be for negligence.. which is not present.
    Articles, Blog Posts, Content Development and Copy Writing
    Skype me or Please send a PM for Contact Information

you'd think the parents would notice their kid missing...

Given that close call, I'm guessing (hoping) the parents will now be more mindful of where there 4 year old is at all times...

Vito

heh, the parents needed to pay more attention to their child

i remember when i was 4 my mom followed me around everywhere!

(atleast i think) or was it she carried me around and wouldn't let me walk...

whatever ;P
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.