Job Description for a developer

Hi, I am looking for a partner to help develop a site. I need to know what I need to look for in a candidate. What proficiencies should he or she have?

I am going to develop a portal site for teens (very much like CollegeHumor dot com).

Tasks:
    > Create scalable pages (template) to make daily updates easy (what coding language does he/she have to know? PHP? Something similar, i have no clue?)
    > Scripting so that when someone uploads a photo, it can automatically be added to the site and be rated by other viewers (what's important? CGI or Perl? Etc.)
    > Helping to create a Shopping Cart solution on the site. Perhaps this can be outsourced, but the person should know the ins and outs of using a shopping cart

Basically, I need someone that is capable of doing the sort of stuff at CollegeHumor dot com. I am looking for someone younger too - preferabbly college age, since my target market will be 15-24 year olds. I am looking for a "50-50 partner" not an employee. Since this will be a venture, I am looking for someone that would go in with me on it and dedicate their time as I am doing.

All I know is HTML and photoshop graphic design. I would be the business person behind the site. This person needs to have many more technical skills.

How do I word those skills - what's a job description I could use? That's where your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

A site of your description would be mostly server side and database work.

No offence intended but a 50-50 partner isn't the correct term as since you only know HTML the other person would be doing most of the work.

Also, if your going to use one server side language, it's best to stick to using it, either PHP, ASP, CGI or Perl.

50-50 partner

Considering I would be responsible for all advertising, content acquisition, business and media relations, graphic design, product design, and most importantly, considering I own the domain and it's a full concept I have already planned out, I think giving someone the opportunitiy to be a 50-50 partner is more than generous on my part. Does anyone else disagree?

its a fine line because you came up with the idea but the other person makes it work. Without them it would not come to be anything. You might consider just paying them a salary instead of making them a partner. That might be a better solution for what you want to do.

I think I will just learn the ins and outs of XHTML/CSS and learn how to use a CMS solution. I can't afford to pay a salary to someone as this is a project I "think" will be successful - but can't afford to bet on it (I'm still in grad school with debts). Maybe in the coming time while I am getting familiar with that I will meet someone that can help with coding specific functions into the site.

I am looking at Mambo CMS now - and it seems pretty simple - so I will give a run with that for a month or two. I will probably just host my store with Paypal or Yahoo for the first few months and see if that works. I have seen some very well known sites out there simply outsource their shopping cart to Yahoo.

I think it would be better in the long run if you just hired a webdeveloper to do what you need. Offering them half the company is a bit much I would say. A decent programmer would finish that job pretty quickly.