Have you ever used Napster?

I am in the middle of trying out my 1 month free trial of napster and I am just wondering if it is worth it to keep going because £10 a month isnt too bad but if you dont pay that £10 a month then you cannot listen to the music that you have downloaded.
    Is it worth going on with napster or should I just buy the cd's in the shops?
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

Hi, I've been using it for a couple of months now, here is what I have observed:

PROS
    - Nicely layed out
    - Good for finding new music. Music is updated every tuesday.
    - Most songs can be downloaded
    - Downloads are fast.

CONS
    - If you don't have the Napster Compatible Device, then you definitely will not be able to transfer it to your mp3 player.
    -There are still songs that you will have to pay to download even if you are supposedly credited "unlimited"
    - The charts are not that updated
    - Forums suck

I still like it though, and it has been the best of anything I can find.

Thanks for that. I dont have an mp3 player so it doesnt really matter for me.
    I might give them a go then. But is it true that if you cancel your subscription you cannot listen to the music that you have downloaded?

Yes it's true.
    I've been using napster for about 6 months now. I like it since I spend so much time on my computer I have lots of music to listen to.

It's a bulky program though and slows down my computer.

Blah, I prefer iTunes

I prefer the radio. Or buying cd's.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- dburling@ts-host.com -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Go Napster!
    iTunes sucks for me.

I may or may not have used napster once or twice way back when it was free . From what I've heard it is a pretty good deal if you only plan to use it with your computer but can get tricky when used with portable devices.
    --

I've tried a little bit of Yahoo Unlimited. It's actually not that bad. Still a few bugs, but the $5/month price is right. And since I'm on the computer so much, the DRM protected WMA's doesn't bother me too much.

Sorry I dont use Napster... Cant afford it though
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

napster is legal now! :O

Yes but you have to pay a monthly fee and if you dont pay you cannot listen to your music

Personally i liked Napster many years ago before they went and started charging for music. But its only right, i had good experiences with Napster in the past, im sure its only gotten better

Napster used to have a really cool "under construction" page, then they had to go and ruin it by putting a site up...not being able to listen to the music you've downloaded sucks though, how they manage that? Are they just streamed of their server?

I'm sure in the deepest darkest depts on some warz forum you can find a way to stop it - I don't use Napster so I don't have any great inerest in finding out
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

the music you download is in wma format with licenses so its easy for them to control what you do with music

personally i use napster..... i think £10 a month is cheap if you like to listen to new music on a daily basis.##i do occasionally write some tracks to cd (which you have to pay to do) but thats not that often

Usually if i download an album, that i like, and i want to take somewhere (as a cd or mini disc) i will go out to buy the album, as i dont think its worth the amount they charge to copy a whole album to cd when you can go out and get a real copy.

I tried it, and hated it. I also can't stand windows media player, or the wma file format. Anything that can be played out of a speaker can be reproduced, I don't understand this rediculous drm/file format technology.

Napster should be glad I don't use them, because I would use my audio out or coax out to my MD, back into my audio in... and presto, mp3/ogg...

With that said, itunes is far better imho. Napster isn't even napster anymore.... bleh

Yeah, I used it ages ago when it first came out and downloads were free, then it got banned :/