Unit Hosting.Net Down Once Again

it has been more than 24 hours and none of their servers went up.

Last time someone told me through another forum that *probably* it was a payment issue with theplanet. Which is eventually much more problematic.

So, if ever this host goes up... then be wary about them... better yet stay away from them... i am transferring my clients to another server with i hope a better provider.

Unfortunately too, i am too far from theplanet to just call them overseas. if anyone could help me out then pls. do so... i hate to lose my clients especially when we are about to celebrate our first year in the business.

Sorry to hear about this John, have you tried contacting The Planet about this via email or maybe their forum? I'm sure they'll be more than happy to assist you if you give them a bit of time.

Hope you get everything transferred without a problem, good luck! Cheers.

thanks.. i'll try that...

Unfortunately too, i am too far from theplanet to just call them overseas.
    Around here we have some phone cards and it costs about 10 cents per minute to call the USA (VOIP technology I believe). Generally it's the ISPs that distribute them. Maybe you can find such a thing in your country.

That said, I doubt that ThePlanet will share with you information regarding one of their customers...

Best of luck!

Re: Unit Hosting.Net Down Once Again

Originally posted by WebsiteDistrict
    [B]it has been more than 24 hours and none of their servers went up.

Last time someone told me through another forum that *probably* it was a payment issue with theplanet. Which is eventually much more problematic.
    /B]
    Shouldn't be an issue with payment, TP usually get's on your case about $$$ within the first week of each month.

Most likely it's another issue.

Has anyone found out anything else about this issue? I would really like to know if they closed down shop or if it's just a network problem at ThePlanet. Btw, I am on SV15.

my server with them has gone up... im pulling my clients out now!

Still waiting for mine to come back up. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for you guys to just buy P3 boxes, 2 x 200gb drives, and colo them somewhere?

I've read oh, what, 10 posts like this all week? Think about it, if you had your own server, that you physically owned and colo'd, you would be the only point of "failure" payment-wise.

Your credibilities all suffer when a teenager host loses his rent-a-server.

IMO, if you need a small number of servers, renting is just fine. Colocating a small # of servers and keeping spares and everything is not really economical for a small business

Yes, when you have a large # of servers, buying and running your own equipment is much more economical.

well actually these clients were one of my first and i was not keen at transferring them before to the ded. servers i also rent.

i guess sometimes we gotta learn the hard way.

I agree that if you got a quite a number of clients but still run a small business renting a server would be more economical than co-locating the equipments needed.

I have now same problems with they... some months good service but i am now with two customers with problems for important mails he received.

Any news about uni , post please... or u know where call the planet ?

i tried to email theplanet regarding this problem as UH doesn't answer my emails.

Haven't heard from ThePlanet though but it sure put the server up and running the next day.

I doubt... please write any novelty here. Your main ip terminate in .147 ?

I am ready to enter and backup the emails of one site.

WOW ! Unit hosting .147 is up, but no response of the technical guys. I have all domains migrated now, and my customers are dowloading mail of the old server.

I think i cancel when all customers report is ok, because the lack of response of unit members.

I suggest the resellers in *********** use this window of good luck and harvest his backups. I am ok now =)

I tried to sign up with *********** on 6/23 and luckily they never sent a "welcome" email so I switched to a different host. I've asked repeatedly for my money back but no one has responded. It's only $5 so it could have been worse.

Stay away from ***********!

Oh awesome we're even banned from saying their name (that's why there are asterisks, I've learned recently). That's never a good sign...

FYI if anyone is having troubles getting their Unit Hosting account cancelled, call Share It at 800 903 4152 for customer service (that's who they do their billing through). They graciously refunded my money and cancelled my monthly billing, because no one at Unit Hosting was answering my emails.

Share It was very helpful and friendly!

I live in mexico, and the call cost me more than 12 USD. I cancel in some days, only want sure they never answer before it.

Contact Info: http://shareit.com/ccc/index.html?cccid=[DASID_3980]

Note that the square bracket info is also part of the URL, including the brackets.

I pay via paypal, think this not apply then.