Thread: Mac computer ??

Mac computer ??

Does anyone own a Mac computer? I've never used a Mac before ...is it slightly different from Windows PC ? or totally different? I'm going to have a computer test Mac's functionalities on a Mac machine and I think I'm going to fail
    I'm very good with Windows ...do you think I can get by with a Mac machine?

Its a little weird to start off with, but youll get the hang of it quickly. Only thing that irks me is there is no right click.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

As far as hardware and software yes, Mac's and PC's are totally different. I started on a Mac and switched over to PC's. Actually not to different nowdays.

My mom, a graphic designer, uses a mac. I use her 'PC' (She hates it when I call it a PC which means personal computer) once in a while.

What really bothers me is there is no right click on the mouse.

It just takes a bit to get used to.

You have a test on a Mac? F+ What a weird class unless I misunderstood.

Edit: Pheaton beat me to the right click deal
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

Originally posted by sid007

What really bothers me is there is no right click on the mouse.
    Yeah I too dislike that.

Also I am totallly used to having a scroll wheel which mac mice don't have. If I ever buy a mac I am going to replace the mouse with one that has right click and the scroll wheel.

As far as using macs go I am know how use them very well and quite comfortable. I am simply just much more used to Windows OS. Thats why I prefer Windows.

A Mac owner told me that there is a trick to getting right-click functions. I forget just what it is.

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    A Mac owner told me that there is a trick to getting right-click functions. I forget just what it is.
    Control+mouse click.

I actually have both types of computers on my desk - a Mac and PC. They both have their advantages.

You can plug in a 2-button mouse into a Mac and be able to use both buttons. I have a Logitech track ball plugged into mine.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

MacOs is quite differnet from Windows. I recently trashed my wife's Windows PC (too much spyware and I was tired of cleaning it, she's not a dummy she knows not to do stupid stuff but she STILL gets eat-up with spyware every few months). I gave her a Mac-mini (the cool one, 80G drive, superdrive dvd burner, 512M ram) and while it took her "some" getting used to, she's able to do all the stuff she did before and some things she COULDN'T do before, now, with ease on her little Mac.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck