Question Where to find 2Gb DDR RAM Sticks ?

I'm Looking for 2gigs DDR Ram Sticks, any idea where i can find it ?

I want to put 8 Gigs on a server but just 4 memory slots..

Regards.
    Try our Elastic Cloud for Developers
    Budget Managed Cloud VPS Servers - Windows and Linux
    English and Spanish Support, Atlanta & Miami Datacenters
    Visit us @ FacilCloud.com

assuming you need ECC Registered here ya go http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820208132 in stock and not a bad price either. I have had good luck with transcend memory in the past as well

rmurray321 Thanks for the advice..

Why its so hard to find'em ?

Regards..

well normally 1gb is about as dense as you want to go as some mainboards cannot handle that density and also latency increases as well normally on the larger modules, so most people hang around at the 1gb mark...and hot damn 8gb.... what is the machine spec and mainboard model you are using?

Dual Opteron 242 With SATA over RAID 10. It sopose to host some VPS servers but i didn't want to worry about memory.

What do you think. ?

thats alot of ram but the system sounds like an excellent setup. I am not too familiar with vps so i am not sure what kind of memory consumption It will use. If I were to go about a project I would probably just but 2gb to start with and go from there. Are you using a Tyan mainboard?

The people of SW soft says that the gold resource of a server with VPS its the RAM memory, more than CPU speed.

About the mother board, i'm not shure at all about the brand because i buy this hardware directly to the DC.

Regards.

oh I gotcha. I was curious about the mainboard because most dual opteron boards usually have about 8 slots at least the ones that will fit in a 1u environment. I know msi has a dual opteron board with 4 slots but it won't fit in a 1u chassis (found that out the hard way) I was hoping for another link to a good 1u capable dual opteron mainboard for a cheaper price than the tyan s2882-d's that i usually buy

They set white boxes.. Maybe thats why do not have 8 slots..

Thank you very much for you advice..

You have a new friend here in Venezuela

Kindly Regards.

anytime bud good luck in the vps, I may look you up in the future if I decide to open up a vps division

[OT]

Whats kind of services do you offer ?

a little of all, I am still in development stages but I will be offereing dedicated/voice/shared/game I think I am about 2 months away from fully ready and going live with everything. I have been doing my research and testing for about the past 10 months now I believe. you can view a preview at availnetworks.net it is getting there but far from done of course haha

Just make sure the mainboard they use actually supports 8gb of RAM. That would be a terribly wasted investment if you plug it all in and see either 4Gb or a blank screen / beeping noise =).

With my Tyan boards I've usually had to stick pretty closely to the RAM brands / specs they recommend on their site to keep things stable.
    bye

Finally we are going to buy this ones.

http://www.memorysuppliers.com/kin2gbpc26re.html

Thanks for your support

Originally posted by iguana
    Finally we are going to buy this ones.

http://www.memorysuppliers.com/kin2gbpc26re.html

Thanks for your support
    I've used them and they are very quick to deliver.

Good choice.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

damn.....$600/module thats rough

Hm ... there is definitely cheaper option than $599, why pick that one? Even crucial has the 2GB module for cheaper and crucial memory are great!

BTW, make sure your motherboard support ECC registered memory. Some motherboards do not support registered/buffered memory.

Also, in case anybody needs the 4GB memory module, here is one place to get it: http://www.crucial.com/store/partspe...LE=CT51272Y265

Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Yeah thats nutz. $599.00 is way 2 much. I can get 2 gig sticks for $362.00. Yes its supertalent but its lifetime warrenty with samsung chips or micron and have never had a issue with performance or failures.

my experience shows that outer brand name doesnt matter a whole lot it is the quality of the chips on the board and layers. I have always had good compatility and performance success with samsung chips so that is what i stick with. A great place (have to be a dealer but not that hard to sign up with them) to buy ram is all components.com they are a great company and make really high quality modules but I always look for 6 layer boards with samsung chips always a good combo

Newegg.com is the best for this kind of hardware...they usually have good prices and depending on where you are located the shipping is awesome.