View Poll Results: Do you attend your high school reunions?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 38.46%
  • No

8 61.54%

Question Do you attend your high school reunions?

My 10 year is almost upon me. Soon I'll be hunted down by former schoolmates via phone, email, or snail mail. I haven't quite decided if I want to go. Most people that I was friends with in high school I've remained friends with or at least stayed in touch. The rest of the people I'm not sure I care to see again.

What do you do, or have you done already? And why? What motivates you to avoid these or attend them? Thanks for sharing!
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

They have my address, but I never received any invitation. Maybe the Toms River High School class of 1968 just hasn't had one yet.

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    They have my address, but I never received any invitation. Maybe the Toms River High School class of 1968 just hasn't had one yet.
    You weren't "That Guy" were you?
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

they always send me newsletters, so yea, it's nice to see your friends anyways.

When I hit the 10 year I will be wanting to go. It is always great to see old time friends. Though I still have some time before that happens *starting to count*... should be in 2013.

I highly doubt I will even receive an invite.

I was once asked to not blow up the school Though I cannot say for sure if they were serious...

Nobody liked me. I was the weird kid who didn't talk to anyone. Granted... if my high school had been any more rural we would have had cow tipping as a sport!
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

I always thought high school reunions were a myth...

It actually happens?

I probably won't be invited seeing as how 1) I've moved after graduating, 2) my graduating class was pretty big (9XX, I think... 4000+ total in school) and I only knew maybe 15% of my peers.

That and I've gotten closer to my college friends more so than high school friends that I lost contact with everyone from high school (although at graduation, I swore to myself I'd keep in touch with my buddies).

Originally posted by WebOnce
    if my high school had been any more rural we would have had cow tipping as a sport!
    You're telling me its not?

Personally I'm better off never seeing them again, never have gone nor will I ever. I stay in touch with my friends or most at least back in those days.

I've never been invited to one. How do they have your address on file?
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Like I would waste any fuel for my helicopter to go see that group of losers

wel...... if I had a helicopter

Yes I will when I get the chance.
    I just like these types of events. Also I want to see how everybody else did compared to me.

It shouldn't be that hard to track me down. Currently with e-mail and sites like MySpace keeping in touch isn't that hard.

Originally posted by WebOnce
    I highly doubt I will even receive an invite.

I was once asked to not blow up the school Though I cannot say for sure if they were serious...

Nobody liked me. I was the weird kid who didn't talk to anyone. Granted... if my high school had been any more rural we would have had cow tipping as a sport!
    This is why I make sure I never miss a reunion (we only had one so far), it's my god given duty to show up and let everyone know "no I'm not dead, no I'm not in prison, and oh yeah, I am enjoying a moderate success in my life and couldn't be happier, how's your life?"

For me I was "sorta" the wierd kid, but more than that I was the "poor kid" always bumming money off my pals and (oh god the horror) often riding the bus to school because I couldn't afford to keep my car running reliably. And of course I was the nerd in class
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck