1and1.com and renewals

How do I renew with 1and1.com?

And for what price?

I'm looking for a catch for such a cheap price and I can't ask them!

Just the usual sale at a loss to get you on board and hoping that you buy other services?

why you cant ask them?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    why you cant ask them?
    Hi Bashar!

I'd rather not ask them because I'm looking for a catch and they obviously wouldn't tell me but someone here with some experince might!

The price is good, it could be too good...

when you go thru the renewal process at the checkout/shopping cart what is the price listed there?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

That's the main problem, I can't find that option!

I just sent them an e-mail. Let's see what happens...

I assume when you first got a domain with 1&1, you gave them a creditcard number?

If so, they will charge renewals automatically about 2 months before expiration.

$5.99

fewcoin

1and1 renewals are the same price as the initial registration is. For details concerning their policy on domain renewals: Performing a search for "renewal" on faq.1and1.com is helpful: http://faq.1and1.com/domains/domains...n_names/2.html

I suggest spending a few extra dollars and save yourself the headache.

They replied confirming what already suggested, that is an automatic renewal.

Still, I can only assume that the price is the same, I think it would be better if it was clearly stated both in their faq, and in their reply, as I asked.

The price is interesting as I have some of those free .infos to renew and a few dollars make a difference with many domains.

Anyway, to be honest, it's not only those few bucks I can save, it's also for the features. And paying less doesn't automatically mean that you should get less.

Paying for peanuts and getting silverware is ridiculous to expect, but paying peanuts and getting what was promised is the way it should be...

Thank you!

Aside from a couple hair pulling things with 1and1, I haven't had any technical problems with their domain registrations and things seem pretty reliable.

fewcoin

I have several domains registered with 1&1. They auto-renew and charge your credit card just before they expire. It's automatic, and the price for each auto-renew is the same as registering it in the first place - $5.99 for a .com.

I agree that 1&1 doesn't make it easy to know exactly how this process is going to work. I was a little ticked off that I had to trust them to do it automatically. If anything went wrong in the automated renewal process, that would mean I would lose my domain name. But everything has worked smoothly so far with renewals.

While they seem to be one of the cheaper registrars, I'm not sure I'd recommend 1&1 if you have any special DNS needs other than setting primary and secondary DNS. Their control panel is extremely clumsy and limited. I/They have yet to figure out how to properly set up a custom DNS server for me (ns1.mydomain.com) - even after speaking with them at length on the telephone.