ncftpput active connection

hello

anyone know how to do active connections using ncftpput? I just got to do this using ncftp...

I even found -F option to do passive connection (that is the default), but not how to don't do..

thanks

From their man page:

-F
    Use passive (PASV) data connections. The default is to use passive, but to fallback to regular if the passive connection fails or times out.

So if you don't specify the -F, then it will try passive and if it fails or times out, will fallback. One site I found says to use -E for active mode.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
    From their man page:

-F
    Use passive (PASV) data connections. The default is to use passive, but to fallback to regular if the passive connection fails or times out.

So if you don't specify the -F, then it will try passive and if it fails or times out, will fallback. One site I found says to use -E for active mode.
    the problem is that the passive connection works, but it's failing after a few time

from the man:
    -E
    Use regular (PORT) data connections.
    will try it, it may work

thanks

In case you still get failures, here is their FAQ regarding use of active mode and still getting failures/timeouts:

http://www.ncftp.com/ncftpd/doc/faq/trouble.html

If your timeouts occur when the FTP client uses "active" (PORT) mode data connections, then the problem is with a firewall on the client side.