View Poll Results: Would you vote for Hillary Clinton in 2008?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 32.12%
  • No

64 46.72%
  • Undecided

7 5.11%
  • Depends on who the other candidates are

22 16.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Would you vote for Hillary Clinton if she ran in 2008?

So the question is would you vote for Hillary Clinton in 2008?

Myself, I would not and I think if she is the Democrats presidential candidate for 2008 that they will face another election of defeat.

Not just no, but heck no. The Democrats would hopefully not do that. They need to put up some good candidates to even have a chance.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Originally posted by TalkMilitary
    Not just no, but heck no. The Democrats would hopefully not do that. They need to put up some good candidates to even have a chance.
    I personally liked Howard Dean and if they would have ran him he probably would have won because many libertarians like him. Instead they ran the fence sitter and made me vote Libertarian by doing so.

As a Brit looking on from 3,000 miles away, this could be my iignoracnce of the local politics but i think she'd stand quite a good chance if the Democrats put her up as their candidate. We get the impression over here that Hillary Clinton is certianly popular and respected enough [this standing is also shared by many outside the States in my view] to make a fight of it in the very least.

I do also feel that it would be good for America if they had a woman as President in the not too distant future too. I don't know what you think about that issue.

EDIT: What i saw of Howard Dean didn't impress me to the extent that i would want him in the role of President but i'd avhe to look into it more.

Critic,
    Last edited by Critic; 07-12-2005 at 04:25 PM.
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

Originally posted by Critic
    As a Brit looking on from 3,000 miles away, this could be my iignoracnce of the local politics but i think she'd stand quite a good chance if the Democrats put her up as their candidate. We get the impression over here that Hillary Clinton is certianly popular and respected enough [this standing is also shared by many outside the States in my view] to make a fight of it in teh very least.

I do also feel that it would be good for America if they had a woman as President in the not too distant future too. I don't know what you think about that issue.

Critic,
    Critic,

I have no problem with a woman being president what so ever. I do have a problem with this woman being president. She is a very scary person to have as president in my eyes and I guess the world gets a different view then I do because I don't respect her at all.

Originally posted by RossH
    Critic,

I have no problem with a woman being president what so ever. I do have a problem with this woman being president. She is a very scary person to have as president in my eyes and I guess the world gets a different view then I do because I don't respect her at all.
    Okay, well i know what you think of her in clear enough terms.

Howver if you don't mind me asking, what scares you about her and makes you think the way that you do? Same to all of you reallym and for those who would vote for her to become the second Clinton to live in the White House if you know what i mean?

Just to clarify though, i wasn't implying that you or TalkMilitary had a problem with a woman President, just that it would be good for the US if there was one in the fairly near future, and that it is probably overdue. Granted you need the right calibre of politicians at the right level of the political system, but there must be some out there which fit the bill already, somewhere.

Critic
    Last edited by Critic; 07-12-2005 at 04:37 PM.

I would not mind a woman being president... just not that particular one.

Tracy Phillips

Originally posted by Critic
    As a Brit looking on from 3,000 miles away, this could be my iignoracnce of the local politics but i think she'd stand quite a good chance if the Democrats put her up as their candidate. We get the impression over here that Hillary Clinton is certianly popular and respected enough [this standing is also shared by many outside the States in my view] to make a fight of it in the very least.

EDIT: What i saw of Howard Dean didn't impress me to the extent that i would want him in the role of President but i'd avhe to look into it more.

Critic,
    It is not about male/ female, black/white, etc.... it is about the candidate themselves. She is *not* one that would be accepted by many. She is just too "out there", no matter how much she is trying to center herself currently. That, and she is a lawyer and a crook (oh wait, that describes too many politicians).

I think the Democrats will try to do better, IMHO. I hope they do, because if they win, I will enjoy taunting everybody that taunts the Republicans, President Bush, etc.... Because most of us know the President does not have the wide, sweeping powers to make everything his(her) way....

They got my vote!
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

I've already explained that i'm not implying what some of you seem to leap and defend yourselves over in your replies up to now, well some of you are doing that anyway. Nver mind that now.

But let's flesh this whole "anti-Hillary Clinton" sentiment out a bit can we? What's the cause for it? Which one of her policies can you not stand to such a large degree? Or are there many? Why wouldnt' you have her as your Commander in Chief?

She appears on the surface to be reasonably popular with New Yorkers where she's made her mark in politics. Am i mistaken there too?

thanks

Critic,
    Last edited by Critic; 07-12-2005 at 05:00 PM.

Well, let's make her President so she can have her own aid scandal to get even with her hubby

Definitely would.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

Originally posted by Rodney-E2
    They got my vote!
    Or Hillary does I should say...
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Sadly the only way the democrats can win the next elections is by having Jesus himself as a candidate in 2008.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

I wouldn't see Jesus as being a democrat.

whew! i can vote in 2008!! :-D

But yeah, it depends on who the other candidate is, but most likely if shes as good as bill was/is then yes, i'd vote for her :p
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Originally posted by DanX
    Now that was funny.... but you have a point.

Tracy Phillips

Yup, almost time for Americans to put a "Run Hillary Run 2008" sticker on the front of our collective Hummers. I personally can't wait, I hope the demo's have the guts to push her out front so we can put a coda on her pathetic, whinny, liberal, left-wing shrewish devil in a pantsuit existence... Filegate, Travelgate, Vince Fostergate, Heathcaregate canckles and demagoguery et.al.

Critic,

Ditto.

But IMO, she will make a run for the nomination. Whether she wins that or not, that's up to her party. IMO, she believes it's her destiny to the first women US President.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Why would you not vote for her or have you heard what she has to say or her views on certain issues? I've seen some republicans who vote for someone else just for the fact that they're democrat. I just had a huge debate with an arrogant right-winger and totally owned him since he kept comparing democrats to "communists".
    Kerry Jones

Communism is better than Christian Fascism
    "The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wonderous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for existence of God; but whether this argument is of real value I have never been able to decide... The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of man's intellect." - Charles Darwin

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Why would you not vote for her or have you heard what she has to say or her views on certain issues? I've seen some republicans who vote for someone else just for the fact that they're democrat. I just had a huge debate with an arrogant right-winger and totally owned him since he kept comparing democrats to "communists".
    I stated my opinion. Yours is?

I will not 'debate" with a child here, as the kids always report my posts. As I said, my opinion is there, yours is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_scandal

And I believe this quote says it all:

"We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good." - Hillary Clinton

If thats not the ideaology of communism I don't know what is....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=39205

That is so true. LOL
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

There is no way I would vote to put Hillary in the white house.

I'll be able to vote in 2008, and I might vote for her... If the only other choice would be another guy who puts jesus in the white house, accepts contributions from illegal corporations, and has a vice-president from a company that's been sued for illegal & dangerious practices. And we can't forget the complete lack of experience with foreign relations.

I will not 'debate" with a child here, as the kids always report my posts. As I said, my opinion is there, yours is?
    I'm not a child and you very well know this to say otherwise is a pure out-right balant insult. I said, "I might" and it doesn't mean s that I might vote for her depending if she can convince and what issues she will cover.

I noticed in recent months Bush has been quiet on the issue of social security. I would prefer to see a president who focuses on our domestic affairs and take out the terrorists who are within our nation like ALF, ELF, KKK, etc.

Ross, the worldnetdaily news isn't exaclty the best of reliable sites.
    I would actually like to see two reputable sources.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by Cserver
    I'll be able to vote in 2008, and I might vote for her... If the only other choice would be another guy who puts jesus in the white house, accepts contributions from illegal corporations, and has a vice-president from a company that's been sued for illegal & dangerious practices. And we can't forget the complete lack of experience with foreign relations.
    Gosh, no offense but are democrats getting less intelligent these days or what?

The other choice can't be Bush, it is his second term.....(you can only have two)
    Last edited by RossH; 07-12-2005 at 10:02 PM.

Originally posted by Kerry Jones

Ross, the worldnetdaily news isn't exaclty the best of reliable sites.
    I would actually like to see two reputable sources.
    As you requested:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Hillary will have my vote in 2008

Gosh, no offense but are democrats getting less intelligent these days or what?

The other choice can't be Bush, it is his second term.....(you can only have two)

There can be another Bush in again. Remember Jeb Bush or what ever his name is? Though I voted

Depends on who the other candidates are

Though that is only if someone so horrible, so stupid, so anti American runs for office. Besides that most likley no.

No, I would not vote for Hillary in '08. I have absolutely no respect for the woman at all. I would vote for a more 'left of center', democrat if one ever stepped up. As the democratic party is now though, I think it's fairly obvious that they're not a centrist party...... The Democrats are gonna have to have a miracle in order to win in 2008. With their current front runners, I don't see anything like that happening though.

edit: i meant to say more of a centrist democrat, however it seems i can't edit my post now.

Here comes an odd reply:

I would vote for her because she is a woman and the United States has yet to have a woman president. We need a woman president. I would like to see how it "all works out"

With that said, I had a professor once tell the me (the class) that since women are more on the emotional side versus logical (in general) and if most of the world leaders were women, the world would just get along better because women are better negotiators.

I sorta disagree with what the professor said but she sorta made sense in a weird kinda way.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

Women are just as corruptible as men. Middle, left, right, north, south, up down ..... who give a ----?? I vote for the person that sees issues the closest eye to eye with me, not because of what party or direction they are in. I am so sick of the words left, right, democratic, republican, etc, etc. Maybe I just dont politics that well, but it seems most obvious to vote for the person you agree on views the most rather than their label.

We need somebody like Osama as President, but without the fanatical hatred (except toward terrorists ). He gets in, gets the job done, gets out. He's smart enough to avoid capture all this time, cant be too stupid to do that. He also doesnt fumble the ball everytime he speaks to a camera.

Bush "Everyone is working hard. It's hard work. I know it's hard work, and everyone is working hard."
    {repeat 15 times}

You must not know much about jesus because he was very liberal for his time. Im sure Jesus wouldn't condone this sloppy, violent war we have put ourselves in the middle of...

Thats what really baffles me about christains. They're against abortion but perfectly ok voting for a man you goes to war under a complete false pretense killing thousands of humans, and then saying its for the greater good... it's gross.

If hell exists, Bush has a one way ticket.

RossH, you quoted one Hillary statement... Bush has his own catch phrase, Bushisms... I suggest you do some reading to see what outragous things our President says on a weekly/daily basis.

Originally posted by case
    . . . I suggest you do some reading to see what outragous things our President says on a weekly/daily basis.
    http://www.snopes.com/rumors/bush.htm

G dubbya Bush

I'm not gonna fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt."

Snopes.com

Edit: I liked Fahrenheit 911 and used to not like GWB not too much but I kinda like the guy. I dunno why Gut feeling I suppose but G dub looks smarter than he is; in some aspects.
    Last edited by Sid Shroff; 07-13-2005 at 02:46 AM.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

you betcha.

I would not vote for her on a train.
    I would not vote for her on a plane.
    I would not vote for her here.
    I would not vote for her there.
    I would not vote for her anywhere.
    I would not vote for Hill-a-ree,
    I do not like her politics you see.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Well, what bad has she done running new york?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast