Need help moving out (of a DC)

So the place I am co-locating with is doubling the price and I can't afford to stay there anymore.

I have about 10 domains with 3 or 4 semi active forums (10-20gb/month). My server is running linux 8 with WHM/Cpanel, each domains has its own cPanel which is really useful. I don't own all of these domains.

I doubt I would go with a dedicated server so a reseller plan is more likely.
    What's more intimidating is I need to move all those sites to another server! So how would I go about doing this if the destination server doesn't have WHM/CPanel on it? Moving the data and MySQL databases I can do manually, but how about emails?

And if I buy a reseller account (which is likely) then is there an easy way to transfer these domains?

Do you have any experiences with moving domains like this? I would appreciate any hints, tips and the like.

Last but not least, can you suggest any service that would fit my needs? (Please send PM if it's against forum policy to post business names in posts)

Thank you for reading.
    ML

WHM provides a way to transfer accounts between servers, so if you went with a reseller account check with your host and see if they might be able to transfer them over. Some will do so many accounts for free and charge a nominal fee for all after that max number, some might do them all for free.

Emails would transfer over with the accounts, but remember anything delivered after the move may go to the old host, and thus may end up getting lost on the old server. We usually recommend clients set up a forward to an offsite email on both the old and new server until everything propogates completely.

And since you don't own all the domains, you will have to contact those clients and have them change their DNS settings once the move is complete. Remind them that changes to the site are a no-no for at least a day, because the changes may end up on the old server.

Good luck with your move!

If the destination server doesn't have WHM as you have posted then just create site backups of all sites as they are on your current server, then you can manually restore them on your new reseller account. Not the quickest way to do things but it gets the job done.

Also, with the marvel's of technology, any .com or .net URLs will propagate to the new server in 1-2 minutes.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Ahhh, sorry I missed that the destination didn't have cpanel. (The eyes are the first to go!) Also, and I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, DNS propogates to most places within minutes, but some DNS servers - like my Verizon DNS - still caches and is very poor to update quickly.

Hi nmluan,

Why don't you get a trial version key for cpanel with the other dedicated server you are getting. That way you can transfer the accounts to the other server very easily.